User management

I am looking for more details on user management in OJS than is available in the online helpfile. Is there another document circulating that can be shared? A flow chart and process would be helpful as well as how we merge users. I have tried the merge user tool, but it is not clear how it decides what to keep and what to pitch. What drives this is a number if auto subscribes that took place before captcha was working properly on our system. Thank you!

Hi @radjr,

Merge Users is safe to use in that case. It only deletes the user account; all the user’s “possessions” (e.g. submissions, peer reviews, etc.) are transferred to the second user you choose, generally the administrator. Bots that generate a lot of fake accounts don’t generally have anything attached to their accounts, so there’s nothing to transfer.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks Alec. Are there any other tools of documentation on this user management tasks? cheers!

Richard A. DeVito Jr.
Publisher
Weston Medical Publishing, LLC
470 Boston Post Road, Suite 301
Weston, MA 02493 USA
radjr@pnpco.com
781-899-2702 ext. 107
781-899-4900 fax

Join us at the 2015 International Conference on Opioids, June 7-9, 2015
Publishers of
Activities Directors Quarterly for Alzheimer’s and Other Dementia Patients
American Journal of Disaster Medicine
American Journal of Recreation Therapy
Healing Ministry
Journal of Emergency Management
Journal of Opioid Management
Journal of Neurodegeneration and Regeneration

Hi @radjr,

See the online user’s guide:

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher
About the users, How can I limit the access level of them? e.g. all the editors can assign editors/reviewers to the submitted paper. I want only editor-in-chief to access to submitted papers.

Hi @Reza,

Can you post your question as a new topic? It’s different than the original question. That’ll help keep the forum organized.

Regards,
Alec Smecher