OJS 3.3.0-13

Additional information
I made new update to version 3.3.0.13
but I did not find new file “error_logs”

:pray:

:pray: :pray: :pray:
Help please @staff

Hi @rebas_saber,

You indicated that you attached an image, but I do not see an image attached - could you please post the image so we can get a better indication of what the error is?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis
Thanks for reply

Hi @rebas_saber,

Usually with any type of spinning like that for unfinished tasks, you need to check your PHP error log for what might be going on that is creating an issue. Please check your PHP error log (see How do I find my PHP error log? for how to do that, if you are unsure) and report back on any relevant errors there.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis

[06-Dec-2022 11:51:11 UTC] XML-RPC: PhpXmlRpc\Helper\XMLParser::xmlrpc_ee: invalid value received in DATETIME: 2022-12-06T11:51:11Z

:pray: :pray: :pray:
Help please @staff @rcgillis

Hello @rebas_saber,

Please be patient. Support on the PKP Community Forum is provided for free by PKP staff and community members. We are a small team and need to balance our time spent answering questions here on the Forum with our other work developing and maintaining our free and open source software and other services. We try our best but do not guarantee that every question will be answered or that every issue is resolved.

You may need to seek professional support to resolve your issue. This can usually be acquired from the service provider that hosts or maintains your software, such as the technical support team at your institution or a third-party hosting provider.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rebas_saber,

From the error message you’re encountering…

XML-RPC: PhpXmlRpc\Helper\XMLParser::xmlrpc_ee: invalid value received in DATETIME: 2022-12-06T11:51:11Z

…I believe you’re running into this problem related to a 3rd-party library that’s used in the Plagiarism plugin:

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher
Thank you for your help

Problem related to ithenticate plugin, Solved, I deactivated it

Now “submission” finished, But it shows me an error :point_down:

Log error :

[07-Dec-2022 21:41:21 UTC] SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: sanaeboushab@MY_SITE: ilyass.saber94@mail.com: Sender address rejected: not owned by user contact@MY_SITE

[07-Dec-2022 21:41:22 UTC] SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: ilyass.saber94@mail.com: <aph@MY_SITE>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user contact@MY_SITE

Hi @rebas_saber,

That’s a different issue related to your email configuration and your host’s limitations placed on delivering email. It’s not really related to OJS. I’d suggest googling the issue or checking your host’s knowledge base.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher
i think problem not related for host.
SMTP configured correctly. (see image)
The e-mail is sent normally, and it reaches the other mail normally.

But when “Submissions” ends, the errors I sent before appear.

Hi @rebas_saber,

Please search for that error message, on this forum and elsewhere. The message you’re quoting comes from your email server; OJS is just presenting it to you.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher
Below is the response from hostinger.

Hi there!
The error Sender address rejected: not owned by user means that the client is sending emails through email account A while the From email is set to email address B. We introduced this setting in order to prevent email spoofing.
In this case, please check the script where you are configuring the email account and make sure that the SMTP username and From address are the same.

Problem reminder:

• The manager use this email “contact@domain.com” and usually sends emails from OJS to other users.
  • The editor use this email “ilyass@mail.com” but does not send emails to other users from OJS.

Help please :pray: :pray: :pray:

Hi @rebas_saber,

See e.g.:

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher
My problem sending Email from Editor solved,
The Solution : a change this in my config.inc.php

allow_envelope_sender = On
default_envelope_sender = contact@domain.com
force_default_envelope_sender = On

Thank you very much @asmecher
But, This problem is still in notification,
Any suggestions for solved this problem ?? :pray: :pray:

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.