Urgent Request to Review Repository Status for Argentinian Journal of Respiratory and Physical Therapy

Describe the issue or problem
Dear PKP Forum Members, I hope this message finds you well.
I am writing to request urgent assistance regarding the repository status of the Argentinian Journal of Respiratory and Physical Therapy (AJRPT) within the PKP (Public Knowledge Project) platform. We have recently received notification from DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) indicating that our repository is outdated, and they have advised us to rectify this issue promptly. Therefore, I kindly request to assist us in reviewing and updating our repository as soon as possible. Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it will enable us to maintain our indexing status with DOAJ and continue our commitment to open access publishing.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Best regards,
Prof. Mauro Andreu, PhD
Editor-in-Chief
Argentinian Journal of Respiratory and Physical Therapy

Steps I took leading up to the issue

1. Go to https://portal.issn.org/resource/ISSN/2618-4095
  2. Click on Archival Status
  3. Scroll down to the table
  4. See “Status”

What application are you using?
OJS 3.3.0-15

Additional information

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Is it the version of OJS you’re running - it looks like you’re running OJS 3.3.0-15, which is a relatively recent version. Has DOAJ provided any specific guidance to you on what they need you to do?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello, thank you for your quick response. DOAJ denied us that we met the “digital preservation” compliance criteria because it informed us that checking digital preservation in the Keepers link only shows our journal digital preservation for the range of 2020 to 2020 and should be from 2019 to 2023. We have been publishing for 5 years. In OJS we have integrated many years ago PKP and CLOCKSS for digital preservation. We don’t understand why it isn’t updated. We understand that it should be automatic.

This is the message from Keepers:

Dear Prof. Andreu,

Many thanks for reaching out to Keepers Registry, a service of the ISSN International Centre.

I understand that the archival status of your journal is updated through PKP. I suppose that you use OJS as the journal system. With the most recent version of OJS, the preservation action with PKP should be automated. Please ask your technical team for details.

We received an update from PKP on January 28, 2024. It mentioned that your journal has only been saved in 2020. You need to complete your archive and upload it into the PKP Private Network first of all. Then the changes will be made visible in Keepers Registry by PKP.

Hi @maufede,

Thanks for clarifying. I see what you mean now - they are looking to see your status within the PKP Preservation Network. I’m going to see if I can get my colleague @jonasraoni to assist here in checking the status of your journal within the PKP PN and seeing if there might be certain issues that are preventing it from being fully harvested.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @maufede,

Your journal has two preserved issues within the PKP Preservation Network, which were deposited at 2022-11-30. But I see there should be more issues.

A new version of the plugin has been released not long time ago, which should address a bunch of problems, so ensure the plugin is installed, updated, enabled and that the terms are checked in the plugin settings.

If everything is fine until this point, I’ll need you to send us two files:

1. Entries from the server’s error.log, I just need the entries of the previous day (the plugin attempts to upload/synchronize issues once per day).
  2. The latest log file of the plugin, which can be found at the folder {$files_dir}/scheduledTaskLogs, and the files start with the name PKPPNDepositorTask.

Best,
Jonas Raoni

Dear @rcgillis and @jonasraoni ,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to update you on our situation. After review we have identified an inconsistency issue that was found in one of the folders within the packages generated for the repository. This inconsistency was resulting in an error; however, I am pleased to inform you that the folders have now been generated correctly, and the deposit has been successfully completed.

Given this update, we kindly request that you update the information on your end. As of now, the changes have not yet taken effect, and it is imperative that the information reflects the recent corrections to ensure accuracy. https://portal.issn.org/resource/ISSN/2618-4095

We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and thank you for your continued support. Please let us know if there are any further actions required from our end to facilitate the update process.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Warm regards,

Prof. Mauro Andreu, PhD
Argentinian Journal of Respiratory and Physical Therapy

Hi @maufede,

Now we’ve got 15 deposits, you don’t need to do anything more on your side. I just can say the process will take a while to finish, one of the nodes of the network is under maintenance and it’s out of our control (it belongs to another university), once it gets back to work, things will get back to normal automatically.

Best,
Jonas Raoni

Well, thank you very much. I will be waiting. Do you have any idea of the estimated time it could take. Just to reply to the DOAJ coordinator.
Best regards.

Looks like the problem has been solved, so your deposits should be preserved in a couple of days, once the others that arrived before you are processed, let’s say less than 2 weeks.

Best,
Jonas Raoni

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.