Uploadnig Error

Dear All

I am using OJS 3.1.0.1. While authors are trying to upload files, most of the times, the progress bar shown in the windows does not work correctly. I mean the files is uploaded but the progress bar does not shown 100 percent. So then most of the users think upload has been failed and try to upload the same file several times.
Is there any way to upload file so user sure that file has been uploaded correctly for the first time?

thanks a lot

Hi @Frosty

Some times it happens to me too. It might be because of your connection speed. Have this problem occur in high speed connections?

Does any one know can we enable simple uploader for OJS?

Thanks

Hi all,

In this situation, have you checked your PHP error log to see if anything relevant appears there?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear @asmecher

Thanks for your reply

I have tried 5 time for uploading a file and at last one, uploading took 3 minutes and finally shown me PHP ERROR. Some errors has been shown several time like ojs2: 404 Not Found.
Here is the php error log for these 3 minute:
https://ufile.io/vu2b6

Thanks

Hi @Frosty,

I’m not sure I see anything relevant there – though you do have one problem that needs addressing:

PHP Warning:  Smarty error: unable to read resource: "frontend/components/primaryNavMenuMobile.tpl" in /home/atmsjour/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1094

This appears to be related to a modification or custom theme.

I would suggest using your web browser’s inspector to watch the network transactions around an upload, and also checking its error console to see if anything relevant appears there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher

Thanks for your help.
I tried to inspect network and then upload about 10 files with different size and filetypes. I faced HTTP error on a .zip file.
error2
error1

I have uploaded file with .zip type before and I do not think it is because of filetype.
Error log has nothing new more than my previous post. I am really confused.

Thanks

Hi @Frosty,

I think that 406 error is probably coming from something on your web server outside of OJS or the upload widget – check to see if your server is using mod_security or similar, and if so, and either try temporarily disabling it or checking its log to see if a specific rule is noted.

Regards,
Alec Smecher