Uploading video contents to journal articles in OJS3.x?

Hey,
I have uploaded videos as supplementary files. I want to embed the videos into article html. I want first uploading it as supplementary file, and then embedding that link to the supplementary file in the gallery. We do not want to use commercial streaming sites. Any guide to do this or any person that have successfully done that?

Thanks in advance
Obi

1 Like

Hi @obi,

I see this is also posted as another thread – please don’t double-post; someone will answer your other message as soon as possible.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

@asmecher @obi

Hi!..

I’m joining this call… I’d love to be able to upload videos and watch them without having to use commercial streaming sites.
do you have any solution available for OJS 3.4?

Thanks!

Hi @David_Alarcon_davidy,

You can already do this in OJS. Upload the video file as a dependent file to the HTML galley, and in the HTML markup, reference the video by the same name as you used to upload it. For example, if you upload a file called “my_video.mp4”, then in your markup you could use:

<video controls="controls" src="my_video.mp4">

OJS will take care of rewriting the filename to an apprioriate URL when serving up the HTML.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.