Uploading file into galley creates error: The file could not be uploaded or revised

Hello,
whenever i am uploading any file to the galley, there appears this message “The file could not be uploaded or revised.” It was working fine til yesterday but today this is appearing.
i am using OJS 3.1.1.4 with PHP ver 7.3.

Below errors are generated in the error logs:
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1003
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 685
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 685
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 76
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/jmedscic/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 122
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/jmedscic/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 78
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/jmedscic/public_html/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 25
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/jmedscic/public_html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 25
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of IssueGalleyGridRow::initialize($request) should be compatible with GridRow::initialize($request, $template = NULL) in /home/jmedscic/public_html/controllers/grid/issueGalleys/IssueGalleyGridRow.inc.php on line 39
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of TemporaryFileManager::downloadFile($fileId, $userId, $inline = false) should be compatible with FileManager::downloadFile($filePath, $mediaType = NULL, $inline = false, $fileName = NULL) in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/file/TemporaryFileManager.inc.php on line 65
[24-Jun-2021 05:05:11 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of TemporaryFileManager::deleteFile($fileId, $userId) should be compatible with FileManager::deleteFile($filePath) in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/file/TemporaryFileManager.inc.php on line 50

Hi @KMC,

Is upgrading an option for you? I say that, because the version of OJS that you’re using is no longer supported by PKP. And, I would recommend that you upgrade to the newest version of OJS, as it is possible that your issue will be resolved by upgrading. However, other community members may wish to offer assistance.

Upgrading instructions are available in the PKP Administrator’s Guide.

Information about the latest version of OJS can be found on the PKP Website

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Actually i tried to upgrade, but there appears so many issue that i have to rolled back. Every time i want to upgrade, there appears different issues and hence our journal remains offline for several days.
Do you people offer such services ? if i lend you our server and OJS admin credentials and you fix it for us. Whether its free or paid service

Hi @KMC,

Thanks for clarifying, you might want to check out our PKP services directory: https://pkp.sfu.ca/service-provider-directory/ - this can help you identify a service provider that might be able to assist you with upgrades. Some only offer upgrades on their hosted services, while others may be able to work with your own hosting - I would suggest that you contact them our look at their service information to be sure.

Best regards,

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Thanks alot once again, kindly if you could contact them and refer our case to them, i shall be highly obliged

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.