Upgrading from 3.1.2.1 to 3.2.1.1

Hello everyone

Need support. I have OJS in my page, using CPANEL, trying to upgrade from 3.1.2.1 to 3.2.1 but no success. Rights given to 777 and nothing.

2020-09-05_130251 2020-09-05_130205

Log:
Stack trace:
#0 /home/teoriayr/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php(231): DAO->handleError(Object(ADODB_mysqli), ‘INSERT INTO use…’)
#1 /home/teoriayr/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/user/UserDAO.inc.php(348): DAO->update(‘INSERT INTO use…’, Array)
#2 /home/teoriayr/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/PKPInstall.inc.php(252): UserDAO->insertObject(Object(User))
#3 /home/teoriayr/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(417): PKPInstall->createD in /home/teoriayr/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php on line 703
[05-Sep-2020 13:53:53 America/Mexico_City] Access denied for user ‘teoriayr_ojs168’@‘localhost’ to database ‘ojs2’
[05-Sep-2020 13:56:14 America/Mexico_City] Access denied for user ‘teoriayr_ojs168’@‘localhost’ to database ‘ojs2’

Thanks in advanced.

rog.

@romanogino make sure the folder ‘files’ exists under your directory “/home/teoriayr/”

Hi @romanogino

The screenshot shows that you are trying to make a new installation, but can not connect to database probably because there are no database named ojs2. If existing, then username/password combination is incorrect.

In order to upgrade an existing OJS installation, please be very careful, and be sure to get a complete backup (both the database and installation files including upload files). On Linux/Unix servers, the easiest way is to use phpMyAdmin for database backup (if installed on the server).

I strongly recommend to set the site(/journal theme to default theme before upgrade.
Then, you should follow instructions in the Upgrade document within docs folder of OJS installation package.

After moving existing installation files (within public_html) on web root to another backup directory, you need to extract the ojs-3.2.1-1.tar.gz into the web root (probably public_html or www etc).

If you are directly extracting ojs-3.2.1-1.tar.gz with tar command, you need to move installation files from the top level (ojs-3.2.1-1) directory to the web root.

You should keep the functioning config.inc.php file and place it among the new installation files. Open the config.inc.php file with a code editor (not the windows notepad), and set the installed=on parameter to installed=off

After replacing the new config.inc.php with your old functioning config.inc.php, (installed = Off), you should open your journal site with your browser now.

On setup page, you will find the Upgrade title and click the link [If you are upgrading an existing installation of OJS, [click here] to proceed link. On the new page, click Upgrade Open Journal Systems button and follow the progress. If the settings in the config.inc.php are correct, you may complete the upgrade and reach the happy end.

Regards,
Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 12.38.24

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 12.39.58

I also need to say that, probably all your installation trails will fail on this server with current configuration. You need to setup php.ini settings and adjust upload_max_filesize, max_execution_time, max_input_time, max_input_vars, memory_limit, post_max_size, and adjust them according to the needs of OJS.
Regards,

Yes, it was the first thing I did, but without success. Anyway thanks for the advice, sometimes the most obvious thing is what one can’t see.

Thanks for the advice. I read all the explanation you wrote and will take care of all the details.

PHP is fundamental, although my service provider is not so happy when I modify it, but thanks for the advice and I made some modifications according to the rules of the hosting provider.