Upgrading from 3.1.1.1. to 3.1.2.1 LazyLoadPlugin Error

I’m currently trying to upgrade our OJS System from 3.1.1.1 to 3.1.2.1 using the information provided by the UPGRADE document provided from PKP: http://ojs3.equinoxpub.com/docs/UPGRADE

I uploaded all of the folders from the OJS 3.1.2.1 full package and left alone the file_dir directory and the /public directory, to maintain all of our journals, and switched around the config.inc.php file for 3.1.2.1 so that it was matching to our old config.inc.php file in accordance with what our journal system needs in terms of database, url, etc.

I used the server side puTtY command line codes to upgrade i.e. <$ php tools/upgrade.php upgrade> and I’ve received the following errors which mostly seem to correspond to the LazyLoadPlugin being incompatible with about 6-8 other plugins.

upgradeOJSerrors

In my head it seems as though there is a difficulty with the LazyLoadPlugin reading the ID’s and context of the other plugins. This is my hypothesis, I’m not sure how hands on i’m going to need to get with the actual PHP of the plugins but the less sounds better.

All of this is resulting in a HTTP 500 error when trying to view the website as well as the upgrade not completing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

I forgot to mention that the error seen most (as this picture is tiny) is "PHP Warning: Declaration of XPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL)

This error appears numerous times and as stated above seems to be an error in recognition between plugins.

1 Like

We had the same PHP warnings during the three last upgrades. Though that did not seem to affect our instance of OJS anyhow.

Hi @michelison,

The warnings are harmless – but the “fatal error” about the Piwik plugin suggests that you’re trying to run a version of that plugin that isn’t compatible with the new version of OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hey @asmecher,

I downloaded the new Piwik plugin from github:

Which allowed the upgrade to process a lot more of the actual upgrading.

But I’ve also ran into similar problems as a few other people it seems. I don’t have a quickSubmit plugin500 Errors

PNG

I’m starting to believe that the 500 Error is far more server side than I anticipated it to be, since the website was working before I ever implemented the OJS 3.1.2.1 Upgrade and even after the PiWik upgrade the 500 error still remains.

Any insight or thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated because I’m still at a standstill on what to do from here after scouring the internet for answers in terms of resolving this 500 Error.

Cheers,
Dan

Hi @michelison,

When you upgraded, did you unpack the new OJS 3.1.2-1 .tar.gz file over top of the old OJS 3.1.1-1 directory? If so, you probably have a lot of old code mixed in with the new code. It’s better to unpack the new code into an empty directory, and only copy across the aspects of the old codebase that you need, e.g. the public directory. See the “Full Package” instructions in docs/UPGRADE (or docs/UPGRADE.md) for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hey @asmecher

Yes, I did.

Fortunately we did this on a test server and have an operational copy still.

Thank you for your assistance I will try this again with more success I imagine.