Upgrading from 3.02 to latest OJS

I want to upgrade our website to the latest version of OJS. I’m apprehensive about losing our data and configurations.

1. Will the automated installation through softaculous onto the private commercially hosted server need complete reconfiguring for the design to stay the same? We use bootstrap.
  2. Will the data be at risk.
  3. Will all the pathways and urls remain the same?
  4. Will I need to install a new recaptcha and update all plugins like crossref?

I’m just on my own with this and this forum for support so I’m a little nervous about bringing down the site! Thanks!

www.murmurations.cloud

This reply is for nervous upgraders. I can answer some of these questions myself as it was not as bad as I thought it could be.

1. Will the automated installation through softaculous onto the private commercially hosted server need complete reconfiguring for the design to stay the same? We use bootstrap.

No. But you need to check and upgrade Bootstrap on the PlugIns page or there will be no stylesheet and it will look white with black unformatted text.
Also, check you are installing into the correct path on your servrer.
Follow all the guidance during the process about what to back up first.

1. Will the data be at risk.

Follow all the guidance during the process about what to back up first. None of our data has gone missing.

1. Will all the pathways and urls remain the same?

You may need to reconfigure some paths as new OJS versions may require different paths.

1. Will I need to install a new recaptcha and update all plugins like crossref?

I have updated some plugins and I will update this post when I have dealt with these specific items.

At the moment some PDF buttons have gone missing though the PDFs are there and I can’t see our static pages listed so I can’t edit them but I have assigned them to correct places on navigation. Also all the Creative Commons licences links have gone missing on published papers so need reinstating. A few things still a mystery.