Upgrade to OJS 3.02 from 2.4.8.1 problem

Journal website https://ijicta.org/ PhP version 5.4

I cannot find a solution to the error below. Should I delete all the OJS 2.4.8.1 files or overwrite them with the OJS 3.0.2 files?

I do not have access to php.ini. Have now tried PHP version 5.5 as well.
I’ve created a .htaccess with the following in the file

PHP 5, Apache 1 and 2.

<* IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_value error_reporting 30711
<* /IfModule>

The * is to prevent the code being seen to be injected here

Tried to ugprade from 2.4.8.1 and got the following error when I refreshed the website page.

Strict Standards: Declaration of ObjectsForReviewPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /home/ijij1168/public_html/plugins/generic/objectsForReview/ObjectsForReviewPlugin.inc.php on line 41

Fatal error: Call to undefined method GenericPlugin::GenericPlugin() in /home/ijij1168/public_html/plugins/generic/objectsForReview/ObjectsForReviewPlugin.inc.php on line 46

Would appreciate help.

Solved. It appears that you need to move or delete all the existing OJS 2.4.8.1 files except /public and files_dir if it is in the OJS folder from public_html for the upgrade to work. Wording in the documentation could be a little clearer…

Hi @MarkAGregory,

Were you following the “full package” instructions? Let me know where you got tangled up there and we can improve it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

I think it was the wording in the update doc. I figured it out by trial and error.
It would be clearer to say that the OJS 2.4.x.x files should be backed up and removed from the folder before installing the OJS 3.02 files.

Hi @MarkAGregory,

Thanks, I’ll take a review of the documentation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team