Upgrade problem with installationl

I have tried upgrading from 3.3.0.7 to 3.4.0.4 in Softaculous. It said php version was only 7 and asked if I wanted to upgrade to 8. said yes. I made a full back up.
then got the following error messages:

The following errors were found :

Could not make the query numbered : 0
MySQL Error No : 1062
MySQL Error : Duplicate entry ‘260-en-biography-0-0’ for key ‘user_settings_pkey’

ALSO, when i tried to ugrade within OJS installation upgrade page, I got error message:

Errors occurred during installation:

• A database error has occurred: A default database engine MyISAM isn’t supported, expecting InnoDB. Please change the default database engine to InnoDB to run the upgrade.

I’ve been persisting with OJS internal upgrade and now got this message:

Errors occurred during installation
A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘ojs2’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO) (SQL: create table journals (journal_id bigint not null auto_increment primary key, path varchar(32) not null, seq double(8, 2) not null default ‘0’ comment ‘Used to order lists of journals’, primary_locale varchar(14) not null, enabled smallint not null default ‘1’ comment ‘Controls whether or not the journal is considered "live" and will appear on the website. (Note that disabled journals may still be accessible, but only if the user knows the URL.)’, current_issue_id bigint null) default character set utf8 collate ‘utf8_general_ci’)

I have restored the site now but this is the fourth time I have tried to upgrade and am feeling despondent about ever being able to do it successfully.

Hi @gail,

Duplicate entry ‘260-en-biography-0-0’ for key ‘user_settings_pkey’

If you’re still trying to run this – can you check in your 3.3.0-x database whether the following query reports any results?

SELECT * FROM user_settings WHERE locale='en';

It should be an empty set for 3.3.0. If not, you may need to clean up some data before upgrading.

A database error has occurred: A default database engine MyISAM isn’t supported, expecting InnoDB. Please change the default database engine to InnoDB to run the upgrade.

You’ll need to address this in MySQL before upgrading. MySQL supports several storage engines, including MyISAM and InnoDB. InnoDB is a better engine, and is now the default for MySQL, but it sounds like some content in your database still uses MyISAM. You can convert the database fairly easily by working with the MySQL tools to dump and reload the content; there’s official MySQL/MariaDB documentation on this, but you’ll probably also find lots of material on StackOverflow.

A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘ojs2’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)

I think this is probably caused by an inadvertent change you made during the upgrade process, as the previous errors already showed you were able to successfully connect to your database server; when you’re ready to walk through it systematically, post here and I’ll provide some guidance.

The key is to work through the upgrade in a repeatable way – otherwise you’ll drive yourself crazy running into different dead ends.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hey!
I have restored site and tried to upgrade.