Upgrade Ojs 2.x to 3.x

Hi, i want to upgrade ojs 2 to v3 but when i’m doing this i’will give an error like this :" This page isn’t working

test.fronthi.ir is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500
"

i’ve downloaded ojs3 and transfered public files and database file and changed Installed=On to Off but when i submit Upgrade OPen Journal System i will give error

Hi @mehdi_matinfar,

For errors like this, it is best to check your PHP error log - that typically provides more clues as to what is going on. You can then post your error log messages here to the forum post.

-Roger
PKP team

hi , thanks for your support

this is my error :
[10-Jan-2024 17:47:38 Asia/Tehran] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘context_id’ in ‘where clause’ in /home/yxnbrngy/ojs-3.3.0-16/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:80

Next Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDO\Exception: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘context_id’ in ‘where clause’ in /home/yxnbrngy/ojs-3.3.0-16/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDO/Exception.php:18

Next Illuminate\Database\QueryException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘context_id’ in ‘where clause’ (SQL: SELECT setting_name, setting_value, setting_type FROM plugin_settings WHERE plugin_name = dublincoremetaplugin AND context_id = 0) in /home/yxnbrngy/ojs-3.3.0-16/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php:671

thrown in /home/yxnbrngy/ojs-3.3.0-16/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php on line 671

But nevertheless i think my database connection in config.inc.php file is right!

Hello
I’m still waiting for your answer :thinking:

Hi @mehdi_matinfar,

Sorry - but I’m not sure what’s happening here. Someone else who is more familiar with these errors may have to assist you.

-Roger

PKP Team

you seem to use ojs 3.3 - since it wasn’t mentioned: you can’t upgrade from 2.x to 3.3 - you first need to upgrade to 3.2 and then from there to a recent version.
See https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/dev/upgrade-guide/en/
There’s a similar thing for versions < 2.4.8 mentioned there as well.