Upgrade from version 3.3.0.3 to version 3.3.0.4 fails

Today, we proceed with the update from version 3.3.0.3 to version 3.3.0.4.

It just so happens that the installation is not complete and, when we click to make the update, it simply says that the page is unavailable (error 500).

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this case?

You’ll really need to see what your php error log is returning. The http status code of 500 only tells us that there’s something going wrong “on the server.” As you can imagine, that’s a bit broad to try to troubleshoot. If I had to guess… it is probably a problem with the configuration of your config.inc.php file (likely incorrect database configuration).

Best thing to do is to look to see if that file is correct (if it isn’t correct the incorrect values and see if that works). If that doesn’t work, you may need to restore your database and code from your backup that you took when you were on 3.3.0.3 before the update.

Hi all,

don’t know if that’s really related, but for anyone stumbling across this thread: when trying to install 3.3.0.4 via git I found that there’s no tag for that release when I git fetch --all. The tag exists in GitHub, but the commit it references “does not belong to any branch on this repository, and may belong to a fork outside of the repository.”

Best regards
Dennis

@asmecher I don’t think this is related, however… FYI on the tagging mischief.

Hi @dennmuel,

I think I just forgot to push that commit from my local repository when building the release packages. It’s working now.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like