Upgrade from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1

Hi

I just upgrade the system from version 3.1.0 to 3.1.1, The upgrade went ok, and I could run the system on the browser.

But then I ran the script to update the database and I received the following error message:
PHP Warning: require_once(/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/plugins/paymethod/paypal/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/plugins/paymethod/paypal/PaypalPaymentPlugin.inc.php on line 17 PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/plugins/paymethod/paypal/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/phpunit/phpunit-selenium:.:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/classes:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/pages:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/classes:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/pages:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/lib/adodb:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/lib/smarty:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/plugins/paymethod/paypal/PaypalPaymentPlugin.inc.php on line 17

The dashboard doesn’t work like it used to do and some parts don’t load properly, It seems like there are few Javascript errors that block the loading of the pages. The plugin page doesn’t load. The Submission page neither.

The errors log display the errors
[Tue May 01 12:59:09.095855 2018] [:error] [pid 18422] [client 172.31.12.77:44933] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 93

I also have few javascript error on the inspector that I can provide.

Can someone help me with this please?

I found the error that caused the Javascript error on the browser, The file “build.js” was missing from the folder js, the file build.css was missing as well.

I still a problem regarding the plugin page, I think that the problem is connected with the redirection “http://journalsnew.equinoxpub.com/index.php/MY_journal” , in same way the redirect doesn’t work anymore, please have a look and try to click on the journal link:
http://journalsnew.equinoxpub.com/

I fixed the error regarding the missing require_once(/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/plugins/paymethod/paypal/vendor/autoload.php)

I still have the error regarding [Tue May 01 12:59:09.095855 2018] [:error] [pid 18422] [client 172.31.12.77:44933] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 93

I also have another error which is [Tue May 01 14:24:04.227280 2018] [:error] [pid 29008] [client 172.31.12.77:49055] PHP Warning: require_once(/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/plugins/metadata/nlm30/PKPNlm30MetadataPlugin.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 25, referer: http://journalsnew.equinoxpub.com/index.php/AEFS/management/settings/website [Tue May 01 14:24:04.227332 2018] [:error] [pid 29008] [client 172.31.12.77:49055] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/plugins/metadata/nlm30/PKPNlm30MetadataPlugin.inc.php' (include_path='/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/phpunit/phpunit-selenium:.:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/classes:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/pages:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/classes:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/pages:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/lib/adodb:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes:/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/lib/smarty:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 25, referer: http://journalsnew.equinoxpub.com/index.php/AEFS/management/settings/website
It seems like the system is looking at the plugin nlm30 but this plugin is not in use in this OJS version

Hi @marcello8080,

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 93

It looks to me like the web feed plugin is trying to display on a page that’s not journal-specific (i.e. your site-wide index page), and I don’t believe it’s coded with that intention. Did you work with this plugin e.g. in the settings in the database to cause it to display in a site-wide context?

PHP Warning: require_once(/data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/plugins/metadata/nlm30/PKPNlm30MetadataPlugin.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/app/ojs_newtemplate_dev/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 25

Did the upgrade process complete successfully? The upgrade process should have removed references to that plugin. (See https://github.com/pkp/ojs/blob/master/dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.1.1_update.xml#L17..L29 for details.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher
Thanks a look for having a look at this case,
Yes the installation wasn’t made properly because I couldn’t run the script that update the Database, unfortunately the php version on the server is too old and I can’t update it.

I run the queries you suggested me on the database to “force an upgrade” and now the system works perfectly.

Thanks again.

Hi @marcello8080,

Glad to hear you’ve passed that bottleneck – but I’m concerned about the potential for problems if you’re not able to run the upgrade script properly. The upgrade script has the same PHP requirements as the rest of OJS, so if it’s too old for the upgrade, it’ll be too old for OJS more generally. And the upgrade script does more than just those queries, so it’s likely you’ll be running your installation with an incompatible database.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I see, thanks for your suggestions @asmecher
We don’t want to keep the OJS 2.3 because it’s too old and we have few problems, so the only solution is create a new server for the new OJS system with php 7 and ubuntu16.

Thanks

Hi all again,

I still have the message error regarding the function getId(), this time it’s generated by another plugin called “SubscriptionSSO”
Here is the error from the log
[Tue May 08 15:37:39.053238 2018] [:error] [pid 25492] [client 172.31.12.77:58549] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /data/app/ojs-3.1.1/plugins/generic/subscriptionSSO/SubscriptionSSOPlugin.inc.php on line 44

The problem now is that the whole system is down and this is the only error that I see in the log. there is no other error.

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Hi @marcello8080,

Try applying this patch.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Thanks it works.

Thanks a lot