Upgrade from 2.4.2 to 2.4.6, Problem with plugins

Hello, i’m new in the community.

Well this is my problem. We are upgrading our version of ojs from 2.4.2 to 2.4.6. Is the first time i do this and followed the instruction in the UPGRADE file. I got no errors in the upgrading process, the db and the platform were upgraded to 2.4.6. The issue came to light when i tried to activate and configure some plugins, i got a blank page instead of the configuration page of the plugins.

This happend with all of them that are active and i have no clue about what could happend.

So… i hope you guys could guide me to figure out how to fix this…

Have a nice day!

Hi @RGatica,

See this FAQ entry: http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/t/when-i-click-some-button-or-follow-some-link-im-left-with-a-blank-page-what-do-i-do

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for the short reply, I will check this and let you know if worked.

Hi, i followed the tips in there but i got no results. I cannot acces to the error logs file so i made the changes in the code to show them in the browser. Non errors where show so i am lost with this…

I also tried to reinstall the platform but i still get blank pages.

Hi @RGatica,

If you can’t scare up any error messages, try the note in that FAQ entry about adding an “echo” statement to the import function. It’ll give you a better idea of where the system is dying.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi, sorry to reactivate this, but i just want to say that the problem was solved and this is how:

The team cheked the server logs and noted a recurrent error:

[Fri Aug 21 11:44:00 2015] [error] [client ##.###.###.###] ojs2 has produced an error\n  Message: USER ERROR: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/data/ojs_csoc/cache/t_compile'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user.\n  In file: /data/ojs_csoc/lib/pkp/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php\n  At line: 1093\n  Stacktrace: \n  Server info:\n   OS: Linux\n   PHP Version: 5.3.3\n   Apache Version: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS)\n   DB Driver: mysql\n   DB server version: 5.1.69

The message say that there is no write permission on /data/ojs_csoc/cache/t_compile.

After restablish this OJS come back to life again. :v:

Hi @RGatica,

Thanks for the follow-up, and glad to hear it’s working again!

Regards,
Alec Smecher