Unpublish button not appear on OJS 3.3.0.8

The issue here is some of the paper I can’t re-publish to change pdf version on galley because the button for unpublish & create new version does not appear. But some of the paper that publish after upgrade the OJS version the button are appear.

This is a screenshot for the paper from the old version of OJS (doesn’t have unpublish button)

And this for the latest paper that have been published after upgraded the OJS

Steps I took leading up to the issue:
I’m trying to clear data caches but it still remain the same.

Application Version - OJS 3.3.0.8

I hope someone can help me on this, Thank you :grinning:

Hi @asmahusnaaa,

Do you have Editor and/or Journal Manager roles enabled for your account? I wonder if that might affect your ability to make these changes.

-Roger
PKP Team

Yup, I have that roles. but for some papers I still can’t make any changes

But I tried to access the articles then it shows “You don’t currently have access to that stage of the workflow.”

Hi @asmahusnaaa,

Hmmm… that message sometimes indicates that you don’t have roles configured properly. Can you check that as well: Learning Open Journal Systems 3.3 - Users and Roles?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @asmahusnaaa ,

Maybe it is about the corner case where the user is also a reviewer of the article and the OJS has been upgraded from 2 to 3 and the article submitted already in the version2?

Regards, Primož

Yup, mostly the previous article submitted in the version 2. Is there any solution ? Because setting for the roles are okay

Hi @asmahusnaaa ,

I am not sure if this is the same issue/solution, but you can check this one, that seems to me could have the same root cause: Editor stuck in reviewer role, OJS3

Regards, Primož

i encounter this problem before… i am user id 1 which is journal administrator. and also journal manager and journal editor in roles,

when i check the article its been upload by user id 1 as author but the but the editor is other user.

what i do is login as the other user editor account and edit from there.

because user id 1 is the author it didnt have the editor function.

this article is from ojs 2.4.4 and then upgrade to the latest version that time 3.1.2.1 and then 3.3.0.8

and in your case are you the author of the article?