Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Sokil\IsoCodes

Hi,
I am using OJS: 3.3.0.7 and the issue I am highlighting here is already discussed in my earlier post

I am still experiencing this issue. When the section editor invites the reviewer (creates a new reviewer), the following window opens up, and if you see " Country " field is missing from this form.

Ultimately, it starts throwing the following fatal error in PHP error log:

[16-Sep-2021 22:46:42 Asia/Riyadh] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Sokil\IsoCodes\Database\Countries::getByAlpha2() must be of the type string, null given, called in /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/pages/search/SearchHandler.inc.php on line 272 and defined in /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/Database/Countries.php:42
Stack trace:
#0 /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/pages/search/SearchHandler.inc.php(272): Sokil\IsoCodes\Database\Countries->getByAlpha2(NULL)
#1 /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(395): SearchHandler->authors(Array, Object(Request))
#2 /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(246): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)
#3 /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
#4 /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(362): Dispatcher->dispatch( in /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/Database/Countries.php on line 42

To resolve this issue, every time, I have to look into each and every new reviewer assigned and then update the country in their profile.
Looking forward to your help to resolve this issue.
Thanks

Hi @seisense,

Thanks for flagging this error and the way its occurring. I’ve filed an issue for it in PKP’s Github repository, where we manage and track our software development: Adding reviewer does not include required country field for created user. · Issue #7310 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. You can monitor the progress of the issue here and update your installation once the bug has been fixed.

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Hi @seisense ,

I am not able to reproduce your error 3.3.0-11. Tested on PHP 7.4 and 8.0
Could you update the OJS and let me know , if the error persists or a workflow stage, where you can trigger the error ?