Unassigned submissions not shown after upgrade from 2.4.8 to 3.1.1

Dear,
After we upgraded our installation from 2.4.8 to 3.1.1 several submission are listed as unassigned but are not shown (see screenshot)

In 2.4.8 we didn’t have this problem (see screenshot)

looking more closely at these submission in our 2.4.8 backup installation it appears that these submissions had reviewers assigned but no editor. When we click on editorial history in OJS 3.1.1 we can see all steps in the editorial workflow even the review decisions.

Kind regards,

paul

Hi @paul,

I can see that the submission list is loading and identifies 4 submissions, they’re just not displaying. This most likely means that there’s been a JavaScript error in rendering one or more of the submissions in the list.

Can you open the Developer Tools in your browser and look at the console, then load the submissions lists again, to see if any error messages appear in the console? If so, please take a screenshot or copy-paste the error here.

If you’re not sure how to open the Developer Tools, here’s a guide to them in the Chrome browser:

Hi,

Thanks for your help! here is wat we see in the console:
ojserror

kind regards,
Paul

Dear all

I have the same problem. As there is new submissions in the journal, new submissions are not shown in unassigned section.

This error is shown in error log:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getLocalizedTitle() on null in public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/notifications/NotificationsGridCellProvider.inc.php on line 156

Any advice?

Thanks alot

Hi all,
We are seeing the same error in our OJS instance (3.1.2.1). The Unassigned Submissions list says it’s showing 20 of 87 submissions, but the list itself is empty. The browser console shows the following error repeated 20 times:

TypeError: “t.activeStage.files is undefined” in https://[journal_url]/js/build.js:6

Thanks,
Nick

OK. I see now that I ran into the issue of submissions without any review rounds: Submission list won't display submission in review stage with no review round · Issue #4231 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

The fix here worked for me: pkp/pkp-lib#4231: Ensure submissions without an active review round set a files count by ctgraham · Pull Request #4943 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Nick

Hi @nwoodward,

Is this after an upgrade from OJS 2.x?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Yes, 2.4.8 → 3.1.2.1. I’m still not sure how we got to the point of submissions in the review stage without any review rounds, whether they were migrated that way or these submissions are from after the migration. That’s mainly to figure out how we can avoid this scenario in the future.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi @nwoodward,

Good, I’m just confirming that this is a 2.x issue rather than a new but similar issue in 3.x.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team