Unable to Upload/Select Files from Copyediting stage

Only in a single submission I’m unable to use “Upload/Select Files” from Copyediting stage.

It happens that the modal window opens but does not load the part for uploading or selecting files.
Screenshot_20190508_153452

On my browser console i see a 500 internal server error

debug1

In apache error log the error is:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getStageId() on null in /data/ojs/ojs-3.1.2/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/files/SubmissionFilesCategoryGridDataProvider.inc.php:121\nStack trace:
  #0 /data/ojs/ojs-3.1.2/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php(402): SubmissionFilesCategoryGridDataProvider->loadCategoryData(Object(Request), 4, Array)
  #1 /data/ojs/ojs-3.1.2/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php(124): CategoryGridHandler->loadCategoryData(Object(Request), 4, Array)
  #2 /data/ojs/ojs-3.1.2/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php(473): CategoryGridHandler->getGridCategoryDataElements(Object(Request), 4)
  #3 /data/ojs/ojs-3.1.2/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php(453): CategoryGridHandler->_renderCategoryInternally(Object(Request), Object(SelectableSubmissionFileListCategoryGridRow))
  #4 /data/ojs/ojs-3.1.2/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php(276): CategoryGridHandler->_renderCategoriesInternally(Object( in /data/ojs/ojs-3.1.2/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/files/SubmissionFilesCategoryGridDataProvider.inc.php on line 121

Does anyone have a suggestion of what happened to this submission and how to overcome it (all other submissions have no problems)?

1 Like

I found the cause of the problem and maybe a bug in OJS.
If, in a submission a file is attached to a discussion then in Copyediting the problem reappears.

@asmecher, could you verify that the problem exists?
tested on OJS 3.1.2

We have also the same problem and a file is uploaded to a discussion. I agree with you. Thank you for ponting out. Regards.

I have added it to the GitHub at Unable to Upload/Select Files from Copyediting stage · Issue #4754 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Hi all,

Can you check your PHP error log for details? I suspect there is a fatal error logged there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher , I have already attached the error log in the top post.
The error is in "SubmissionFilesCategoryGridDataProvider.inc.php line 121.

I am experiencing the same as well. Copy Editor wants to upload a copyedited file but screen appears as above and nothing happens.
I found the following in the error php error log.
[14-May-2019 04:21:49 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getStageId() on null in /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/files/SubmissionFilesCategoryGridDataProvider.inc.php:121
Stack trace:
#0 /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php(402): SubmissionFilesCategoryGridDataProvider->loadCategoryData(Object(Request), 4, Array)
#1 /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php(124): CategoryGridHandler->loadCategoryData(Object(Request), 4, Array)
#2 /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php(473): CategoryGridHandler->getGridCategoryDataElements(Object(Request), 4)
#3 /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php(453): CategoryGridHandler->_renderCategoryInternally(Object(Request), Object(SelectableSubmissionFileListCategoryGridRow))
#4 /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/classes/controllers in /home/seisense/journal.seisense.com/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/files/SubmissionFilesCategoryGridDataProvider.inc.php on line 121

Thanks

Hi all,

See the github issue above (Unable to Upload/Select Files from Copyediting stage · Issue #4754 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub) for a resolution.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

sorry, i can’t find folder “files/SubmissionFilesCategoryGridDataProvider.inc.php” on folder “controllers/grid”.
i use OJS 3.3.0.6
maybe someone can help me, ty