Unable to send article to review as author or production editor

Hi,

I am trying to send an article to review with admin access. But when I submit my article it only provided me with option to submit as Author or production editor. I tested both user roles and I was unable to move the article along to assign an editor. When I click on “Review” this message shows up: “The review process has not yet been initiated.”

How can I assign an editor to the article? How can I add journal manager as an option when submitting the article?

Thank you for your help!

Hi @hovicto,

Thanks for your question. Could you please confirm the version of OJS you are using and whether you had submitted the article to the system yourself?

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Intern

Hi @pmangahis,

I am using 3.1.2.0 and I submitted the article myself.

Thanks

Hi @hovicto,

Does the journal have a single or double-blind review process?

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

Hi @pmangahis,

I believe it’s a single blind process. How do I double check?

Thanks!

Hi @hovicto,

This information should be in you Settings> Workflow> Review.

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Hi @pmangahis,

It says “blind”.

Thanks!

It may also be helpful to check what roles you have and edit this. Please see Users & Roles > Users.

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Hi @pmangahis,

I have Journal manager, journal editor, production editor, section editor, copyeditor, and author as my user roles.

Thanks.

Hi @hovicto,

Does this manuscript appear in either ‘My Queue’ or ‘Unassigned’ on your dashboard? Or does the option outlined in the read box appear in the ‘Submissions’ tab of the manuscript?

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

Hi @pmangahis,

I have a submission waiting in my “unassigned” tab, and nothing in “My Queue”. When I click on “view submission” it takes me to the image of what you see above. I have one participant in the red box that you highlighted - which is just me as the author.

Are you able to assign? If you should be able to assign an Editor who can then Send this to Review.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project

Hi @pmangahis,

Yes, I am able to assign. Thank you!

I noticed that I submitted this as the production editor, but I also tried it as an author and it did not allow me to assign. I was unable to see the red box that you highlighted. Could this be because the author permissions is limited?

Hi @hovicto,

Yes, these options won’t be available to you as an author or production editor.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

Hi @pmangahis,

Thank you for your help!

Hi @hovicto,

I would suggest resubmitting and see if it give you the option to submit as the journals manager.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

Hi @pmangahis,

This is what I see:

submission%20user%20role

Do you know what array is for? I also don’t see Journal manager.

Thanks!