Unable to edit already submitted article/ Archived Summisions/workflow not working

I want to edit metadata of already published articles, when I click Submissions>Archives and click the Published link of an article to edit it it takes me to url http://mysite.com/index.php/myjournal/workflow/index/4/5

But nothing happens, only blank page is displayed

OJS ver : 3.0.2.0
OS platform|WINNT
PHP version|5.6.30|
Apache version|Microsoft-IIS/7.5|
Database driver|mysql|
Database server version|5.7.18-log|

Developer tools displays following error

GET http://mysite.com/lib/pkp/fonts/fontawesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.3.0 404 (Not Found)

Handler.js:38 Uncaught Error: The handler “$.pkp.controllers.linkAction.LinkActionHandler” has already been bound to the selected element!
at proxyConstructor.$.pkp.classes.Handler (Handler.js:38)
at proxyConstructor.$.pkp.classes.ObjectProxy.parent (ObjectProxy.js:112)
at proxyConstructor.$.pkp.controllers.linkAction.LinkActionHandler [as constructor] (LinkActionHandler.js:43)
at proxyConstructor.$.pkp.classes.ObjectProxy.parent (ObjectProxy.js:112)
at new proxyConstructor (Helper.js:283)
at Function.$.pkp.classes.Helper.objectFactory (Helper.js:209)
at HTMLAnchorElement. (jquery.pkp.js:37)
at Function.each (jquery.min.js:2)
at n.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js:2)
at n.fn.init.$.fn.pkpHandler (jquery.pkp.js:31)
5:1 GET http://mysite.com/lib/pkp/fonts/fontawesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=4.3.0 404 (Not Found)

Please help…

Hi @sharad7703,

Before digging into this in detail, I would strongly suggest upgrading your OJS – version 3.0.2 is quite old.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

hi @asmecher

I have successfully updated to version 3.1.1.1 (June 12, 2018 - 03:35 PM)

I am still facing two issues,

1. problem in deleting articles from newly appearing incomplete submissions list pane

2. Editing already submitted article

After clicking View Submission button, following error occurs.

I have tried clearing the browser cache and even flushing out OJS cache manually from server but doesn’t works.

If I open the same in an Incognito window, and after multiple hard refresh the same link with Ctrl+F5, the page opens.

I tried to search for the errors and solution in OJS forum, but could not get any clue from there.

I am using QuckSubmit plugin to add articles to OJS.

With regards,
Sharad

@asmecher

I could finally get some error logs…

the ojs2 referred in the logs are from value of repository_id = “ojs2.mysite.com”, bu I have already oai = Off.

also http://mysite.com/index.php/myjournal/api/v1/ returns 404 Not Found

Please see that if this logs are useful.

I will be grateful if you could help me resolving the issue.

PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\classes\core\Dispatcher.inc.php on line 245
[14-Jun-2018 10:23:28 Europe/Minsk] ojs2: 404 Not Found

[14-Jun-2018 10:26:49 Europe/Minsk] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\plugins\generic\usageEvent\PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
[14-Jun-2018 10:26:49 Europe/Minsk] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\classes\core\Dispatcher.inc.php on line 245
[14-Jun-2018 10:26:49 Europe/Minsk] ojs2: 404 Not Found

[14-Jun-2018 12:21:01 Europe/Minsk] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Unexpected data in output buffer. Maybe you have characters before an opening <?php tag?’ in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\slim\slim\Slim\App.php:622
Stack trace:
#0 D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\slim\slim\Slim\App.php(334): Slim\App->finalize(Object(APIResponse))
#1 D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\classes\core\APIRouter.inc.php(110): Slim\App->run()
#2 D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\classes\core\Dispatcher.inc.php(134): APIRouter->route(Object(Request))
#3 D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPApplication.inc.php(247): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#4 D:\mysite.com\myjournal\index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()
#5 {main}
thrown in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\slim\slim\Slim\App.php on line 622
[14-Jun-2018 12:21:02 Europe/Minsk] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Unexpected data in output buffer. Maybe you have characters before an opening <?php tag?’ in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\slim\slim\Slim\App.php:622
Stack trace:
#0 D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\slim\slim\Slim\App.php(334): Slim\App->finalize(Object(APIResponse))
#1 D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\classes\core\APIRouter.inc.php(110): Slim\App->run()
#2 D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\classes\core\Dispatcher.inc.php(134): APIRouter->route(Object(Request))
#3 D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPApplication.inc.php(247): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#5 {main}
thrown in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\slim\slim\Slim\App.php on line 622
[14-Jun-2018 12:21:02 Europe/Minsk] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Unexpected data in output buffer. Maybe you have characters before an opening <?php tag?’ in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\slim\slim\Slim\App.php:622
Stack trace:
#5 {main}
[14-Jun-2018 12:22:34 Europe/Minsk] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\plugins\generic\usageEvent\PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
[14-Jun-2018 12:22:34 Europe/Minsk] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Unexpected data in output buffer. Maybe you have characters before an opening <?php tag?’ in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\slim\slim\Slim\App.php:622
Stack trace:
#5 {main}
[14-Jun-2018 12:22:35 Europe/Minsk] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Unexpected data in output buffer. Maybe you have characters before an opening <?php tag?’ in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\slim\slim\Slim\App.php:622
Stack trace:
#5 {main}
[14-Jun-2018 12:22:35 Europe/Minsk] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Unexpected data in output buffer. Maybe you have characters before an opening <?php tag?’ in D:\mysite.com\myjournal\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\slim\slim\Slim\App.php:622
Stack trace:
#5 {main}

Api error like mine. Pictures and ##api.submissions.unknownError## [3.1.1.2 OJS] - #4 by Vitaliy

Hi @sharad7703,

Hmm, the relevant message is:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Unexpected data in output buffer. Maybe you have characters before an opening <?php tag?’

I wonder whether there’s been some inadvertent modification to your OJS source code? If I were tracking this down, I’d use a tool like diff to compare my installation with a fresh download of the source code from the PKP website.

Also make sure that warning messages are not directed to the browser (display_errors should be turned off).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hi @asmecher

Thanks a lot for your continuous support.

I have not made a single line code change and using the default OJS installation.

If I copy the installation on a local server running on Centos, the issue remains same.

But when I had a fresh demo installation on the same local server of OJS 3.1.1.2, created a journal and tried to replicate the same scenario, but now there is no problem in editing already submitted articles and no errors are thrown.

Does the error on my production site is happening due to any file/folder permission issues or due to Quick submit plugin.

If I would like to share the entire config file you, how can I privately send it.

Thanks once again,

Sharad

Hi @sharad7703,

Have you checked your PHP configuration around errors and warning messages?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @sharad7703,

What do you see when you view the source in your browser of the page that generates the Unexpected data in output buffer error?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hi @asmecher

Not getting any clue from the source code. I have shared the config file with you.

But, after few hard refreshes I am able to edit the submission.

Regards,
Sharad