Trying to update Workflow, get forever spinning icon upon clicking save

Pretty much as above, the error log is not giving anything away …

[29-Jan-2018 00:44:08 Europe/London] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[29-Jan-2018 06:16:49 Europe/London] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[29-Jan-2018 08:07:24 Europe/London] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[29-Jan-2018 09:27:10 Europe/London] ojs2: 404 Not Found

I have recently updated to the very latest version.

Hi @keeno79,

I suspect that’s your access log, not your error log – make sure you’re looking in the right file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

It’s definitely the error_log in the OJS root

Hi @keeno79,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

I’m surprised you’re not seeing anything relevant in your error log. Your PHP may be configured to log errors elsewhere. I would suggest using a browser developer toolset (most browsers have built-in inspector tools) to inspect the response that the server is sending to the workflow update request. You could even temporarily turn on display_errors in config.inc.php when viewing the response result to cause errors to be sent to the browser (though more broadly this setting should be kept disabled).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, thanks for replying.

The console gives me this,

Hi @keeno79,

That’s a 403 response, which I suspect is coming from your web server (e.g. Apache), rather than OJS. I’d suggest checking whether your server has a security module like mod_security, and whether that’s getting triggered somehow in error. This should be logged as well, but the details will depend on your web server.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi there, just posting this as an update.

After speaking with the server hosts they disabled mod_security and voila, working like a charm.