Trouble upgrading OJS 3.1.2.1. To 3.3.0.3

First of all I’d like to say that this is my first time posting on this Forum. But the problem i’m facing is more important.

Right now i’m trying to upgrade from version 3.1.2.1 to 3.3.0.3 but everytime I try to upgrade either by php tools/upgrade check or web interface, the result is always the same. And that result is always this php message.

[Thu Mar 11 12:12:06.442303 2021] [php7:error] [pid 12731] [client 189.133.63.82:58306] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getConnection() on null in /home/local/workspace/denarius/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Capsule/Manager.php:74\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/local/workspace/denarius/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Capsule/Manager.php(200): Illuminate\\Database\\Capsule\\Manager::connection()\n#1 /home/local/workspace/denarius/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php(65): Illuminate\\Database\\Capsule\\Manager::__callStatic('raw', Array)\n#2 /home/local/workspace/denarius/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginSettingsDAO.inc.php(106): DAO->retrieve('SELECT setting_...', Array)\n#3 /home/local/workspace/denarius/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginSettingsDAO.inc.php(86): PluginSettingsDAO->getPluginSettings('0', 'webfeedplugin')\n#4 /home/local/workspace/denarius/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/cache/GenericCache.inc.php(63): PluginSettingsDAO->_cacheMiss(Object(FileCache), 'enabled')\n#5 /home/local/workspace/denarius/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginSetting in /home/local/workspace/denarius/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Capsule/Manager.php on line 74, referer: http://x.x.x.x/denarius_migracion/index.php/index/install/upgrade

I’m using a test server to not blow important stuff, but I can’t find anything that could solve my problem.

It’s important to say that I’ve already upgrade successfully OJS Installations before, but this time I just simply can’t. If anyone could help me I wold be very thankful.

Hello @aesalgado

You can check on how to solve this problem here :

Hendra

Hi all,

This has been resolved in the freshly-released OJS 3.3.0-4.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I tried to upgrade to the freshly-released 3.3.0-4 version and the getConnection() exception is no longer there, but there is a new problem.

This is the new problem.

A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xCC\x81 tho...' for column `denarius_ojs`.`publication_settings`.`setting_value` at row 3 (SQL: INSERT INTO publication_settings(publication_id, locale, setting_name, setting_value) SELECT s.current_publication_id, ss.locale, ss.setting_name, ss.setting_value FROM submissions as s LEFT JOIN submission_settings as ss ON (ss.submission_id = s.submission_id) WHERE ( setting_name IN ('abstract', 'cleanTitle', 'copyrightHolder', 'copyrightYear', 'coverage', 'coverImage', 'licenseUrl', 'locale', 'prefix', 'rights', 'source', 'subtitle', 'title', 'type') OR setting_name LIKE '%pub-id%' ) )

any advice?

Hi @aesalgado,

Could you post that as a new topic? It’s a different problem than this topic was discussing.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team