Translator plugin displaying blank page

Hello,

I was about to set up a fresh translatorium installation (blank OJS3 installation with translator plugin) to apply language modifications.

However, it seems that with latest OJS - 3.1.1-4 and latest translator plugin (downloaded from git) I get blank content section after clicking on “Translator” menu item. Everything else seems to function as intended.

I’ve checked the logs and I can see multiple PHP related errors, like:

[Tue Dec 18 12:52:02.120569 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2746] [client 89.64.49.57:18811] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/vhosts/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 0\nPHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of LocaleGridRow::initialize($request) should be compatible with GridRow::initialize($request, $template = NULL) in /var/www/vhosts/***/translatorium.***/www/plugins/generic/translator/controllers/grid/LocaleGridRow.inc.php on line 0\nPHP message: PHP Notice:  Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/www/vhosts/***/translatorium.***/www/plugins/generic/translator/TranslatorPlugin.inc.php on line 73\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method TranslatorPlugin::getTemplateResource() in /var/www/vhosts/***/translatorium.***/www/plugins/generic/translator/controllers/grid/LocaleGridHandler.inc.php:108\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): LocaleGridHandler->index(Array, Object(Request))\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(247): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))\n#4 /var/www/vhosts/***/translatorium.***/www/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()\n#5 {main}\n  thrown in /v...\n', referer: http://translatorium.***/index.php/translator/management/settings/website

On a different hosting environment, I get:

[18-Dec-2018 13:06:42 Europe/Warsaw] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getProductType() on string in /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php:107
Stack trace:
#0 /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php(266): PluginHelper->installPlugin(NULL, 'Archiwum przes\xC5...')
#1 /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): PluginGalleryGridHandler->installPlugin(Array, Object(Request))
#2 /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)
#3 /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))
#4 /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp in /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php on line 107
[18-Dec-2018 13:10:33 Europe/Warsaw] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method TranslatorPlugin::getTemplateResource() in /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/plugins/generic/translator/controllers/grid/LocaleGridHandler.inc.php:108
Stack trace:
#0 /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): LocaleGridHandler->index(Array, Object(Request))
#1 /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)
#2 /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))
#3 /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(247): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#4 /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/index.php(68): PKPApplicatio in /home/klient.dhosting.pl/***/translatorium.***/www/plugins/generic/translator/controllers/grid/LocaleGridHandler.inc.php on line 108

PHP 7.0

Hey, i have the same error, after i installed the translator plugin downloaded from the git repository, when i click on the translator menu i get a blank content too. Did you find out how to resolve this bug?

Try different branch than master. Ie. stable_3_1_2 or whatever fits your version.

i’ve installed the 3.1.2 version of the plugin but im getting the same problem :confused:

Hi @Dieverson,

Which application (OMP, OPS, or OJS) and what version of it are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

i am using OJS application whith 3.1.1.4 version

Hi @Dieverson,

When you say you have the same error, do you mean the error message quoted in this post, or something else?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

when i say that i have the same problem, i mean that when i click on the translator menu item, i get a blank content like the screenshot image

Hi @Dieverson,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

My problem was solved, i’ve jus updated the version of my OJS application and installed the plugin again, and it worked. Thanks for your help guys.