Title erased in Navigation Menu Items page when saving in OJS 3.1.2

Hi,

We upgraded recently on OJS 3.1.2.

We noticed that when we edit and modify the content of a Navigation Menu Items form and then we save it, the title is erased and don’t display any more in the list.
When we edit the form again, the title field is empty. If we fill the title again but only the title and save again, the title is recorded again.

I didn’t see this issue reported in the next release OJS/OMP 3.1.2-1.

Thanks in advance to have a look at this problem.
Best reagards.
Helene

Hi @hcl!

Could you provide some more info regarding the issue?

1. Are you getting any PHP errors regarding the NavigationMenus upon editing or displaying them?

2. Are you getting any javascript errors? (shown at the Browser->console)

3. Is the title displayed on the journal’s interface, or the problem is only on the NavigationMenu management page?

4. Could you please share the journal’s language configuration to see if the problem is relevant to that?

5. If you can, share some screenshots displaying the issue.

It looks like it has something to do with this one [NavigationMenu Feature - Locales for default NMIs retrieved from key and not database · Issue #3846 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub], but that is already included in the code base at OJS 3.1.2 version.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
@Dimitris_Efstathiou

Hi @Dimitris_Efstathiou,

1. They are no PHP errors regarding the NavigationMenus upon editing or displaying them.

2. The title is not displayed on the NavigationMenu management page and is not displayed on the journal’s interface and it is deleted from navigation_menu_item_settings table.

3. The only thing I have in console browser is this message:
    "Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/."
    But it’s not specific to the NavigationMenus.

4. OJS site level is configured with 2 langages: french (as primary) and english
    The journal I tested is in english only

5. Here are some screeshots with “Test” page:
    list_menu01
    edit_menu01
    list_menu02
    edit_menu02

Thanks in advance for your help
Kind regards.
Helene

Hi @hcl!

Thanks for the information, and for noticing the issue.

I have filed an issue regarding that. Wait for a fix shortly.

[Navigation Menu Item Edit - Custom NMIs lose title after submitting form with same title · Issue #4709 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub]

Regards,
@Dimitris_Efstathiou