The tar command is not available. Please correctly configure it in your "config.inc.php" Linux

When installing a new plugin it indicates the following:
The tar command is not available. Please correctly configure it in your “config.inc.php”.
And when I tried uploading a new plugin, the same has happened.

the path of tar is: /usr/bin/tar
I changed it in the config.php.inc from default /bin/tar to /usr/bin/tar
Nothing has changed.

the php error log is indicating the following:
Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/tar) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web1/files:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/private:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/tmp:/var/www/journal.carjj.org/web:/srv/www/journal.carjj.org/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom) in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php on line 54’

Using OJS 3.3.0.13
php version: 7.4.32

If you have access to the server/domain “PHP Configuration” settings, you need to turn off the “open_basedir” settings of the domain while installing or updating the plugin.

1 Like

thank you for your response.

Well I don’t know if I got you right but the “open_basedir” is actually commented out in the php.ini file.