The new updates of ojs giving problems

Describe the issue or problem
I have two problems since the updated version of ojs 3. I am running 3.4.0.4 version of ojs. The first error is or charset uft- 8 second one is more drastic. The DRIVER plugin is not collecting data to feed in the OAI-PMH protocol. I contacted the OAI people and they said there is issue in your ojs. The DRIVER is not functioning as it should helping to harvest data. It gives the message of noRecordsmatch and for which the harvesting fails in WorldCat.

I have contacted all of those familiar with ojs and they said the OJS at PKP will update the repository of the journal.

What application are you using?
For example, OJS 3.4.0-4

Additional information
Please either clear or update the repository of my journal.

The journal website is
https://wahacademia.com/index.php/journal/index

I am waiting for your early response because it been four months I am asking for help from this portal.

Waiting thanks

1 Like

Hi @samar,

Can you confirm that the DRIVER plugin is enabled in your Journal Settings (when logged in as Administrator)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Alec,

Yes it is enabled. Now there are other issues too, since yesterday the journal and administration buttons are disabled and not opening the page.

Please suggest solution.

Regards,
Samar

Hi @samar,

Please check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Alec,

Please how to upload the error file here. there is no option. and I am very serious to have solution.

Waiting anxiously,
Samar

[20-Jan-2024 22:55:15 Asia/Karachi] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: PKP\user\Repository::getByUsername(): Argument #1 ($username) must be of type string, null given, called in /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/security/Validation.php on line 60 and defined in /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/user/Repository.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/security/Validation.php(60): PKP\user\Repository->getByUsername(NULL, true)
#1 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/login/LoginHandler.php(146): PKP\security\Validation::login(NULL, NULL, NULL, false)
#2 [internal function]: PKP\pages\login\LoginHandler->signIn(Array, Object(APP\core\Request))
#3 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.php(334): call_user_func(Array, Array, Object(APP\core\Request))
#4 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.php(277): PKP\core\PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(APP\core\Request), Array, false)
#5 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.php(165): PKP\core\PKPPageRouter->route(Object(APP\core\Request))
#6 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(388): PKP\core\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(APP\core\Request))
#7 /home/wahacade/public_html/index.php(21): PKP\core\PKPApplication->execute()
#8 {main}
thrown in /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/user/Repository.php on line 78

[25-Jan-2024 21:08:08 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[25-Jan-2024 21:19:41 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[25-Jan-2024 21:26:40 Asia/Karachi] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: PKP\user\Repository::getByEmail(): Argument #1 ($email) must be of type string, null given, called in /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/login/LoginHandler.php on line 224 and defined in /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/user/Repository.php:84
Stack trace:
#0 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/login/LoginHandler.php(224): PKP\user\Repository->getByEmail(NULL, true)
#1 [internal function]: PKP\pages\login\LoginHandler->requestResetPassword(Array, Object(APP\core\Request))
#2 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.php(334): call_user_func(Array, Array, Object(APP\core\Request))
#3 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.php(277): PKP\core\PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(APP\core\Request), Array, false)
#4 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.php(165): PKP\core\PKPPageRouter->route(Object(APP\core\Request))
#5 /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(388): PKP\core\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(APP\core\Request))
#6 /home/wahacade/public_html/index.php(21): PKP\core\PKPApplication->execute()
#7 {main}
thrown in /home/wahacade/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/user/Repository.php on line 84
[25-Jan-2024 22:20:40 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[25-Jan-2024 22:34:11 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[25-Jan-2024 22:44:58 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[25-Jan-2024 22:46:19 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[25-Jan-2024 22:52:55 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[25-Jan-2024 22:55:22 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[25-Jan-2024 22:58:09 Asia/Karachi] Server host “wahacademia.com.” not allowed!
[25-Jan-2024 22:58:09 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 400 Bad Request
[25-Jan-2024 22:58:10 Asia/Karachi] Server host “www.wahacademia.com.” not allowed!
[25-Jan-2024 22:58:10 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 400 Bad Request
[25-Jan-2024 22:58:11 Asia/Karachi] Server host “wahacademia.com.” not allowed!

Hi @samar,

I think these are behind the problems you’re having:

Server host “[wahacademia.com](http://wahacademia.com).” not allowed!
[25-Jan-2024 22:58:09 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 400 Bad Request
[25-Jan-2024 22:58:10 Asia/Karachi] Server host “[www.wahacademia.com](http://www.wahacademia.com).” not allowed!
[25-Jan-2024 22:58:10 Asia/Karachi] ojs2: 400 Bad Request
[25-Jan-2024 22:58:11 Asia/Karachi] Server host “[wahacademia.com](http://wahacademia.com).” not allowed!

Make sure the allowed_hosts setting in your config.inc.php file includes all the allowed hostnames, and is correctly formatted as a JSON list.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi, Alec,

Would you guide me how to do the settings? People take id pass of my cpanel and then force me to buy their hosting. So, in order to avoid it I want your guidelines to adjust it myself.

Waiting for your kind reply
Regards,
Samar

Hi @samar,

Yes, I can guide you through it. (Were you approached by someone in our community to get access to your CPanel and try to sell you services? I hope not!)

Check in your config.inc.php file and see what the current value of allowed_hosts is. It will look something like:

allowed_hosts = "[\"wahacademia.com\"]"

Then, based on what you’ve included from the error logs above, I can suggest how to adjust it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Alec,

Please guide me step by step. I ll do it as you suggest.

Regards,
Samar

Hi @samar,

You’ll need to log into your server and have a look at the config.inc.php OJS configuration file. This is done outside of OJS and the details will depend on the server you’re using; if you’re not sure how to do that, check with your hosting company’s documentation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.