The Archive_Tar PHP extension must be installed before the PKP PN can be enabled

Hello,

I am using OJS 3.2.03. I have installed PKP PN plugin from plugin gallery. Its setting shows an error message “The Archive_Tar PHP extension must be installed before the PKP PN can be enabled”. I have gone through few of the posts in the forum. However, could not figure out. Service provider has confirmed that Archive tar is installed in server.
I am not an IT expert. I request all of you to guide me from scratch. I am also sharing php error log in case you need it

[26-Jul-2020 09:29:35 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/plugins/generic/customHeader/CustomHeaderPlugin.inc.php on line 112
[26-Jul-2020 09:33:21 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/plugins/generic/customHeader/CustomHeaderPlugin.inc.php on line 112
[26-Jul-2020 09:36:13 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/plugins/generic/customHeader/CustomHeaderPlugin.inc.php on line 112
[26-Jul-2020 09:37:32 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/plugins/generic/customHeader/CustomHeaderPlugin.inc.php on line 112
[26-Jul-2020 09:38:03 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/plugins/generic/customHeader/CustomHeaderPlugin.inc.php on line 112
[26-Jul-2020 09:38:32 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/plugins/generic/customHeader/CustomHeaderPlugin.inc.php on line 112
[26-Jul-2020 09:38:46 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Warning: assert(): No status key could be found for ReviewAssignment on 605 failed in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/reviewAssignment/ReviewAssignment.inc.php on line 605
[26-Jul-2020 09:43:44 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/plugins/generic/customHeader/CustomHeaderPlugin.inc.php on line 112
[26-Jul-2020 09:43:48 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/plugins/generic/customHeader/CustomHeaderPlugin.inc.php on line 112
[26-Jul-2020 09:43:58 Asia/Kolkata] ojs2: 404 Not Found

Thanks in advance

Hi @ joapreditor
The Archive_Tar php extension is not same thing with Unix tar executable, but as far as I know, they have a common function; uncompressing tar archives. The existance of unix tar executable doesn’t mean that Archive_Tar extension is installed and you may use it.

There is another discussion here about this extension. I don’t have much time to read, but I hope it helps you.
Regards.

Hi again,
This error information seem to be helpful for explaining why your OJS can’t execute tar executable.

[01-Jun-2020 21:48:23 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/bin/tar) is not within the allowed path(s):

open_basedir restriction limits the files that can be accessed by PHP to the specified directory-tree, including the file itself. This directive is NOT affected by whether Safe Mode is turned On or Off.
Therefore, until php.ini settings are properly configured by the server administrator, you will not be able to use such commands, though they are installed on the server.
That means, either that restriction should be disabled, or properly configured.
regards,

Thanks a lot @drugurkocak.

Your replied helped people from service provider to identify issue and they modified something and now PKP PN is depositing issues to LOCKKS.

Status of plugin shows like this

Is it working fine? Processing and LOCKKS status are unknown and Complete is No.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Hi @joapreditor,

This looks promising – I’d suggest watching it for a couple of days, as it’s a periodic process!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks a lot @asmecher. Will inform you and @drugurkocak about the happenings in a few days

1 Like

Annotation 2020-08-17 003556
it is ok @asmecher?

Hi @dodi1985,

Yes – the relevant column is LOCKSS Status. A status of “Agreement” means that the content (issue ID #1) has been ingested into the LOCKSS network and all nodes agree on the content that’s archived there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

thank you @asmecher, hopefully, the deposit can be executed in the near future.

Hi, I had just the similar problem with message “The Archive_Tar PHP extension must be installed before the…” After long search I had found following manual - Manual :: Checking if PEAR works - it helped - problem was in missing inclusion of path to pear. There are two different places where it has to be included in Ubuntu.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 16 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.