Text in text fields in Journal, Website settings is not saving anymore OJS 3 on Debian + PHP7.2, Apache + oldGregg theme

Hello,

I have two installations of OJS 3.1.1.4, on a Debian 9.8 (stretch) , PHP 7.2.17-1, MariaDB 10.1.37, and the oldGregg theme release 1.1.0.1.

Everything went OK, till this week, when if I try to change the text in the text fields in Journal, or Website settings as an administrator, I hit the Save button, I get the notification the page was saved, but the text field does not change! The problem seems to be for text fields, but not for radio buttons, or check-boxes.

But there is no problem in saving text in article Metadata, for example …

Since I didn’t touch the OJS installation in months, I think it is due to something from the system (PHP - maybe? or Apache?) that might updated automatically - I think …

I tried to disable mod_security - but no positive result.
In the Apache error log there is nothing useful (with or without display errors, show stack trace on)
Screenshot%20from%202019-08-09%2000-06-50
The javaScript console doesn’t show anything

Any idea would be appreciated.

Hi @ojspkpuser,

Check the file permissions in your cache directory to make sure that OJS can modify the files there. Also look further into your PHP error log – nothing in the screenshot looks relevant, but there might be something else in there that is.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you @asmecher, I rechecked the permissions, they were ok, cache, public writable, ownership for apache daemon.

There were no other things in the log from my IP (I grep-ed from the log file based on my IP).

Best regards,

Daniel

@asmecher now it works, I don’t know how, … I did not modify anything, I restarted the php.fpm service (maybe that was the problem …) very strange…

Thank you so much for all the help you always give!!!

Best regards!

Daniel

1 Like