Synchronization issue with WorldCat - Digital Collection Gateway Issue Report: synchronization failure

**Hello, **
After publishing a new issue of the journal, I can’t synchronize the journal with worldCat. Report below :
Report of synchronisation
Etat HTTP 500 -
type Rapport d’‘état
description Le serveur a rencontré une erreur interne qui l’'a empêché de satisfaire la requête.

WorldCatSync Report
Batch Id niKZTtdjnDDNBz=pwDXGm9
Collection Identifier ijafame:ART
Collection Display Name Articles
Repository URL https://www.ijafame.org/index.php/ijafame/oai
Worldcat setting Add New Only
Sync start date/time 2020-09-18 21:02:27.0
Sync end date/time 2020-09-19 00:02:29.0
Collection Record Summary
Harvested No
Crosswalked No
Validated No
Loaded to Worldcat No
OCLC Number N/A
Holding Added No
Batch Processing Summary
Records harvested Harvesting timed out.(Harvesting)
Harvest Completion Incomplete
Records xwalked 0
Records validated 0
Records loaded to WC 0
Records Added 0
Records Replaced 0
Records Skipped 0
Unmodified Records 0
Holdings set 0
Records Deleted 0
Records Blocked 0
Internal System Errors 0
View list of records added, replaced and here
When I contacted support, they told me :
The OAI-PMH Data Provider Validation and Registration site here: OAI-PMH Data Provider Validation and Registration is giving the following error:
“FAIL Empty namespace-identifier (repositoryIdentifier element) in the oai-identifier block of the Identify description”

…And the Open Archives Initiative - Repository Explorer (see here: http://oai.clarin-pl.eu/) gave the attached results which seem to suggest that you have a “Premature end of file” in your schema.

Although it looks like the system can bring back your sets, it seems to be finding an issue when it tries to draw back the records. Take a look at the XML in your ListRecords command to see if you can find what’s missing. Once that is corrected, the system should start to sync correctly again.

another support answer

Having an XML plugin installed doesn’t mean that the data it is sending out is correct. You need to check the data that it passing to make sure it is correct or else we won’t be able to connect to your server. Thanks!

I tested with the site: OAI-PMH Data Provider Validation and Registration and I receive the following message:FAIL Empty namespace-identifier (repositoryIdentifier element) in the oai-identifier block of the Identify description
The OAI-PMH data provider with base URL https://www.ijafame.org/index.php/ijafame/oai has failed initial validation. Problems reported must be corrected before validation can continue.”

Do you have a solution for my problem?
Best regards

Hi @zakaria.ez,

It appears that your OAI interface is performing poorly and possibly breaking as a result. What is your oai_max_records setting in your config.inc.php configuration file?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi amecher,
OAI MAX ReCORD : 100
Best regards

Hi @zakaria.ez,

That’s not a huge number, but you might find your server is better able to handle an even lower setting, e.g. 50.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hi,
it doesn’t work

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; OAI Settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[oai]

; Enable OAI front-end to the site
oai = On

; OAI Repository identifier
repository_id =

; Maximum number of records per request to serve via OAI
oai_max_records = 30

do you have an idea about the value to put in :
repository_id?
I receive this message frome wordlcat : Server at https://www.ijafame.org/index.php/ijafame/oai failed oai check for Collection: 785098. Details: Timeout: the ListRecords response took too long.
thank you
best regards

Hi @zakaria.ez,

If your ListRecords request isn’t responding in time even at a low setting like 30 records per request, then you have one of several problems…

• Your database server is performing too slowly,
  • Your database is too large, and/or
  • Your database is missing some important indexes. (The indexes that are installed with OJS are intended to be sufficient, so I would expect your database to be abnormal if this is the problem.)

Investigating these is more of a database question than an OJS question; you can cause your installation to display the database queries it’s running by turning on the debug option in config.inc.php (warning: this will display queries to all users while it’s enabled). You could take a look at the queries generated in a ListRecords request and test them e.g. using the SQL EXPLAIN tool to determine whether they’re unusually expensive.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

tnak you for your request,
in my error log, I have this message : Undefined variable: journalOAI in /home/journal/public_html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREPlugin.inc.php on line 239
Best