SWORD plugin under 3.1.2

I have a fresh install of OJS 3.1.2. Tried to add SWORD plug-in installed via inside the plugin gallery. Everything looks fine but it does not allow to create new deposit points.

The interface shows an error but in the log file I can see only this warning

[Mon Apr 15 10:58:02.674976 2019] [:error] [pid 32511] PHP Warning: Declaration of SwordImportExportPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with Plugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/ojs/plugins/generic/sword/SwordImportExportPlugin.inc.php on line 0,

Perhaps my PHP version should be updated? I’m using 7.0.xx

Thanks in advance
German

Hi @German_Biozzoli,

That warning is cosmetic and shouldn’t cause problems. What happens when you try to create a deposit point?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Alec

It appears an AJAX window that has no translation. It says

##plugins.generic.sword.depositPoints.required.field##

The AJAX answer says

{“status”:true,“content”:{“inPlace”:{“1”:{“106”:"<div id=“pkp_notification_106” class=“notifyFormError”>\n\t\t\t<span class=“title”>\n\t\t\tHan ocurrido errores al procesar este formulario\n\t\t</span>\n\t\t\t\t<span class=“description”>\n\t\t\t\t<a href="#name">##plugins.generic.sword.depositPoints.required.field## (Espa\u00f1ol (Espa\u00f1a))</a><br />\n\n\t\t</span>\n\t</div>\n"}},“general”:{“1”:{“106”:{“title”:“Han ocurrido errores al procesar este formulario”,“text”:"\t<a href="#name">##plugins.generic.sword.depositPoints.required.field## (Espa\u00f1ol (Espa\u00f1a))</a><br />\n",“addclass”:“notifyFormError”,“notice_icon”:"",“styling”:“jqueryui”}}}},“elementId”:“0”,“events”:null}

But I’ve completed the name, URL , login, passwd in the form and I’m trying to configure as admin only, Tried also with servicedocument and deposit URLs. Same result. It looks as no receiving the fields data?

Thanks in advance.
German

Hi @German_Biozzoli,

Can you try applying the patch linked at https://github.com/asmecher/sword/issues/4?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

I’ve applied the patch and it’s working OK. I could define the endpoint, using import/export options I’ve obtained the list of collections, but after depositing two articles (OJS says that the operation has finished OK) I cannot see them in the repository. I’ve seen at the OJS logs and no error at-all.

In the repository logs it appears the login, servicedocument to obtain the deposit endpoints but no more. How can I check if it’s creating the METS package and trying to deposit?

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

Germán