Support for the Belarusian language

Hello all! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: How to contact or write an email to add official support for another language in OJS?
(BSU University wants to officially support the Belarusian language)

Hello,

If you want to translate from within OJS please install Translator plugin and start to translate.
I would suggest to read this
https://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Translating_OxS#Translating_OJS_and_OCS

and this:

I think that @mtub can help you to start since he is the main person for translations.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help! :grin:

Indeed, please feel free to ask for help if needed.
Good luck!

It’s too bad, but @mtub does not respond. :disappointed_relieved: The Belarusian translation for OJS 3.0 version is ready and we also installed the translation plug-in in order to soon make changes to the translation of version 3.1 :belarus:

Did you complete whole translation on Belarusian? Please complete translation for version 3.1.0-1 and inform me when you finish. I will contact developers and ask to include that in github repository.

Hi @Eugene.B,

I’m temporarily covering for @mtub while he’s away – let me know if I can get involved.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Ok :ok_hand: I will send you 3.1 translation as soon as it is ready.
The author of the translation, wants his data to be indicated somewhere. Can you do this?

Hi @Eugene.B,

We tend to include a link to translation information in the wiki (see e.g. locale/es_ES/locale.xml) and then in the wiki includes contributor information (e.g. for es_ES).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hello,

I think that it is needed are headers of .xml files written correctly. For example, for Serbian latin header is like this: `<!–

• locale/sr_RS@latin/locale.xml
  • Copyright (c) 2013-2017 Simon Fraser University
  • Copyright (c) 2003-2017 John Willinsky
  • Distributed under the GNU GPL v2. For full terms see the file docs/COPYING.
  • Localization strings for the sr_RS@latin (Srpski) locale.
  • Localization information: https://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title=OJS:Serbian(sr_RS)

`

Translator to Belarusian should modify headers accordingly.

Thanks

Yes, but there is a link to a page that has not yet made for the Belarusian language. That’s why I asked :slight_smile:

Hi @Eugene.B,

We’d add a link like that when there’s a (partial) translation to describe.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,
Have you finished your work? One of the editors wants to publish articles in Belarusian in your journal and your translation would be very useful.
What do you think about it?
Peter

I translated on Serbian but, I am not for translator to Belarussian. If I can help in any way let me know.

I understand - if I have questions I will let you know :slight_smile:
Regard
Peter

Hey. Yes, we translated and now use the Belarusian version. But since I administer several sites at once, I forgot to share the translation. :roll_eyes: I will try to pass it on to asmecher in the near future.

1 Like

Hi,

Great, if you managed to export from the platform through the plugin - Translation and send to me :)

The editorial staff Acta Polono-Ruthenica would be happy.

Peter