Subtitles do not show up

Hi,
Subtitle and Middle Name does not appear in ‘How to Cite’ even if I choose the APA style. If you use the APA you are supposed to mention both subtitle and middle name.
Best
Niels Erik

Hi @nef,

Which application are you using, and what version? (Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sorry. I am using the application ‘Citation Style Language’ and we are running OJS 3.1.1.4

Hi @nef,

Support for subtitles will be added to the Citation Style Language plugin with OJS 3.1.2-2 (due for release soon): Article subtitles not showing in "how to cite" · Issue #4021 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Starting with OJS 3.1.2, we added support for multilingual author and user names, which also involved changing out fixed Western-style names (first, middle, last) for a more general first name/given name pairing. This is also what’s supported by the Citation Style Language plugin. This means there is no longer a separate “Middle Name” field and users who want it included will need to put it with the first name in the “Given Name” field.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, is there any way to exclude subtitle in citation? ojs 3.2 … Thank you

Hi @Emi_Naza,

You could reverse the changes made to the code described in the link above; however, I don’t recommend it. Why would you like to exclude the subtitles?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like