Substituting any of the folders on the server with the folders available on OJS 3.1.2-1 (.tar.gz) (19 MB)

I am currently using OJS 3.1.1 and I have decided to subsitutute the current folders available on the server with the new folders available in OJS 3.1.2-1 (.tar.gz) (19 MB). Therefore I need to take care before substituting the folders and the files. So I have the following questions:

1. Is it possible?
  2. Doesn’t that create any bugs in performance?
  3. What should I do to stop any possible crashes?
  4. Are the databases in OJS 3.1.1 and OJS 3.1.2-1 the same?

Hi @Ahmad_R_Beigi,

If I understand your correctly you would like to upgrade OJS 3.1.1 to OJS 3.1.2-1. Please see the instructions: https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/UPGRADE

Regards, Primož

1 Like

Thank you primozs. Can I simply substitute the folders from OJS 3.2.1 to my current server folders (OJS 3.1.1) and the files instead of upgrading as you previously recommended. Are the databases the same in OJS 3.1.1 and OJS 3.2.1?
Regards Beigi

Hi @Ahmad_R_Beigi,

I don’t know about the DB structure and possible changes. But changing base-code is upgrading and I would suggest to do it properly.

Regards, Primož

1 Like

Hi @Ahmad_R_Beigi,

The database structure has changed so you can’t just replace the code. Following the instructions @primozs linked above is the right way to proceed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Thank you Mr. Smecher,

If I upgrade the OJS from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 the way recommended in https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/UPGRADE , (1) will the database also be substituted?, (2) will the information in previous database transferred to the new database?
Regards,
arbeigi

The final step of the UPGRADE process makes changes to your existing database and stored files as needed. See the section “Upgrading the OJS Database”:

Since the upgrade affects your codebase, stored files, and database, we recommend backing each of these components up before starting the upgrade.

1 Like

Than you very much Ctgraham.