Subscription Functionality changes from 2x to 3x

OJS 3.3.0.14

There are some substantial changes between our 2.4.8.5 and our 3.3.0.14 upgraded installation we are about to jump to. They are listed below. Would appreciate any insights or known patches.

1. On OJS2, when entering a subscription, the sub manager could click on “Create New User” from the individual subscription tab. Has this functionality been removed of migrated some where else. Our only solution was to Users & Roles and create a user. Then go back into Payments>Subscriptions.

2. The functionality in 2.x to click on a user and set a renewal notice seems to be gone. Has that migrated some where else or is it in a future release?

3. Really address details should be broken into standard address fields like Prefix, First, Mid, Last, Suffix, Degree, Title, Company, Department (2nd address line), Primary address line, City, State/provice, ZIP/Postal, country. Is there any development to put these into the code base? Could it be done?

Thank you! Rich D.

1 Like

Hi @radjr,

The functionality differences between OJS 2 and 3 are quite different.

1. This has moved. Instead, you have to create a new subscription first: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/subscriptions#individual-subscriptions
    under payments and add an existing user as you have pointed out.

2. If you click the arrow next the user name there is an option to renew - however, I don’t know offhand if this sends an email to the user (you could always setup a test account to test it out.

3. I doubt that this is changing anytime soon. However, if you’d like, you can make a post in the “feature request” category here on the forum and make a case for it. In 3.3 it is available under additional user details, and so far as I know there are no plans to change this. While it is conceivable to customize the codebase and database to accommodate it, this would be complex and could introduce some potential downstream risks when trying to upgrade in the future.

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Thanks Roger. A physical address is important even if just as the final option to locate someone and connect with them.

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.