Submissions not showing in tasks

Hi

I am using OJS3.1. I am the journal manager of the journal. I have uploaded some articles but they do not appear under tasks to be assigned to editors.

Hi @Robyn,

When you go to Submissions > All Active, do you see the articles there?

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Amanda

This is what is see:

[/uploads/default/original/2X/e/ea0f7157a228bc14127d5a9e84ca25f43c1d90b8.jpg]

I have checked that I am enrolled as the journal manager, which I am.
Kind regards
Mrs Robyn Marais
Journal Manager

T: 012 807 5440
C: 083 459 5580
F: 086 691 0918
E: robyn@jesser-point.co.za

Hi Robyn,

The image was uploaded as a link rather than an image so I can’t see it. Can you load it again?

Thanks,
Amanda

Dear Amanda

Here is what I see:

Ia m unable to assign the manuscripts to editors.

Hi Robyn,

When you click on the title of one the submissions in the list you should be able to open it, and on the page that opens see buttons to Send to Review, Accept and Skip Review, Decline Submission, and Assign Participants, such as an editor. What happens when you try to open the submission?

Thanks,
Amanda Stevens

Dear Amanda

This is what I see when I open the submission.

The option to assign, send to review/editing that should appear on the right of the page is not there.

Hi Robyn,

This is mysterious. Do you have any users enrolled in the Editor role in your journal yet? It could be that if there are no editors enrolled, there is no one to assign the submission to and so that option isn’t appearing.

Thanks,
Amanda Stevens

Dear Amanda

I assigned myself as editors as well.

Kind regards
Mrs Robyn Marais
Journal Manager

T: 012 807 5440
C: 083 459 5580
F: 086 691 0918
E: robyn@jesser-point.co.za

Dear Amanda

I have assigned someone as the editors but I still see the following:;image

So I am still unable to assign the manuscript to an editor or send directly to production, etc.

Hi Robyn,

I finally figured out what’s going on. If you are in the role of author and you make a submission and then you are given the Journal Manager role after making the submission, you can’t assign participants to your submission or send it to review. If you open a different submission made by another user, you should be able to assign participants or send it to review. Or if you log in under a different Journal Manager account and open the original submission, you should be able to add participants and send it to review. It’s a weird edge condition that shouldn’t arise during normal use, but comes up sometimes during testing/evaluation. We will try to improve it in the future because it is confusing. For now if you want to assign an editor or send your submission to review, I suggest logging in with a different Journal Manager’s account.

Best,
Amanda Stevens

Dear Amanda

I’m not sure I understand. I was enrolled as a journal manager before I uploaded the submissions as an author. I have registered another person as a journal manager but they are unable to see the submissions. This is what they see:

So we are still unable to assign these manuscripts to editors, etc. Would it be better if we re-install OJS 3.1?

Hi Robyn,

If the other person you assigned as Journal Manager goes to the All Active tab they should see the other submissions that they did not submit. If you’re still having problems you could try re-installing OJS 3.1 or you could delete the submissions and having someone who is only a Journal Manager re-submit them. Or remove the Author role from the Journal Managers. The system seems to not like it when someone is a Journal Manager and an Author. I’m sorry for all of the confusion.

Best,
Amanda Stevens