Strange screen appear briefly

Hi,
I am noticing a strange behavior. I am a journal manager and when I click on any submission in the dashboard, the attached screen appears briefly (like for 01 seconds only) and then the next screen appears (correct one) which should actually come up in the first place. I looked into the PHP error log, there is nothing at all and regular PHP-deprecated messages are there… Should I ignore it or I need to probe it further.
49%20PM

1 Like

probably it is just vue.js loading the view. @NateWr knows best if there is something that could be done about this. But it should not affect how things actually work and I do not think it is an actual error in the system.

1 Like

Hi @seisense,

What application and version are you using? This flash of unstyled content should get hidden until the styles are in place. I can see that went out with v3.2 so maybe it’s not working properly.

It shouldn’t cause any problems, but something we’d like to sort out anyway.

Hi @NateWr,
Following are the server details with OJS 3.2.0-2

Server Information

Setting Name Setting Value
OS platform Linux
PHP version 7.2.29
Apache version Apache
Database driver mysqli
Database server version 10.3.22-MariaDB

Thanks

Thanks @seisense. I’ve reopened the related issue and flagged it for attention: Use v-cloak to hide unstyled content flash before Vue kicks in · Issue #5407 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub