SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found | table 'section_editors' doesn't exist

Hello,

I am upgrading from 3.2.0.4 to 3.3.0.3. As the error log states that to rename table. I searched for the table but there was already a subeditor_submission_group table. Further I didn’t know what to do

The log states

[26-Apr-2024 23:16:56 UTC] SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘theisla1_gw.section_editors’ doesn’t exist (SQL: rename table section_editors to subeditor_submission_group)
[27-Apr-2024 07:32:57 UTC] WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 4, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
[27-Apr-2024 07:32:57 UTC] WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 4, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
[27-Apr-2024 07:32:57 UTC] WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 3, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
[27-Apr-2024 07:32:57 UTC] WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 3, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
[27-Apr-2024 07:32:57 UTC] WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 0, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
[27-Apr-2024 07:32:57 UTC] SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘theisla1_gw.section_editors’ doesn’t exist (SQL: rename table section_editors to subeditor_submission_group)

I have read almost all old posts related to this couldn’t found anything useful. Please help and guide @asmecher @Vitaliy

Hi

@asmecher

I researched and tried to change the db engine to InnoDB but didn’t worked.
I tried to upgrade 3.3.0.0 but didn’t worked.

Please help me out.

Hi @a2usmani,

Are you completely restoring the database state between upgrade attempts? Make sure that you drop and re-create the database before reloading from backup after an upgrade failure, rather than just reloading from backup.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thankyou for the reply.

No, I was dropping the tables and uploading the db.

Anyways, I upgraded to 3.3.0.6 by just changing the table to Innodb.

It upgraded. Thanks a ton

1 Like