Split publications in multiple instances

Hi there,

I need to split one instance with 3 magazines in 3 instances with one magazine each. How can i split that? It it possible?

tks in advance,
Marcos de Lima Carlos

I forget to mention: is OJS 3.x instance

Hello @Marcos_Carlos

Here is my thought.
Try to duplicate the OJS database and the file to each of the 3 instances. After you have done it, you can delete each journal on each instance and leave the one that you need on that instance.
So you can use the specific domain for each of the instances that you have created.

Regards
Hendra

1 Like

Hi @Marcos_Carlos,

The option offered by @navotera is a good one. Just one thing to note, however, is that taking this approach will result in a number of “orphaned” users (not assigned to any Journal) on all installations. This might not be a big problem, however.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank @rcgillis

Yes, I miss that point.
Seems like it still require some database modification though for the user related.

Regards
Hendra

Hi @navotera @rcgillis

tks you all for answer so quickly. I’ll do that.

About “orphaned” users, is there some sql that exclude them from database?

regards,
Marcos

Hi @Marcos_Carlos,

You may want to have a look at these posts: How to delete not active users/reviewer last 4 years - #5 by shantanusingh

As note in these posts, deleting users via SQL isn’t recommended, rather, it is advisable to use the merge users php utility.

-Roger
PKP Team

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.