We did an upgrade from 2.4.8 to 3.1.1 (ex. Ojs.domain.com)
After some difficulties, we finally have almost everything running.
For some of our journals we have custom domains.(ex.: custom.domain.com) For these we have problems when we login and check the submissions:
We get the following 3 errors:
after checking with developer tools on, we saw that it tries 3 api-call’s to get information from ex. following link: https://custom.domain.com//custom/api/v1/submissions?status=1&searchPhrase=&count=20&offset=0&=1524832825532 while https://ojs.domain.com/custom/api/v1/submissions?status=1&searchPhrase=&count=20&offset=0&=1524832825532 does give a result
As we could let it work without the custom domain (and then the journal name behind), we added some code in the .htaccess file that does a rewrite of the custom domain to the regular. But off course then we get another error that the script is called cross over domains and that fails again (even if we tell that it is allowed in the htacces-file:
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*”
): “ Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource “
Also we saw that in Edge the working links sometimes doesn’t work. No idea why.
Can someone help us out.
Because of this error we have the following problem:
“the submissions are not displayed not in my queue, unassigned, all active. Nothing is displayed”
No problem @bozana, but we did not upgrade to 3.1.1 yet. We do have subdomains like name.journal.fi in use, so thanks for letting me know about this possible issue. I will start testing upgrade to 22.214.171.124 next week (right now on vacation)
the “base_url[index] and base_url[myJournal]” is there in the config.inc.php.
We only tested on 3.1.0 but without the custom domain names … so I don’t know if there is a difference between 3.1.0 and 3.1.1.