Single registration for all journals

I would like to know if it is possible, with a single registration, to give access to all the journals or if it is necessary to manually replicate the user on the other journals.
Thank you

Hi @patrizia,

What version of OJS are you using (please include this information in your posts)?

-Roger
PKP Team

I use the version OJS 3.3.0.7

Hi @patrizia,

Yes, this is feasible. And, you can see an example of it on our demo site. For example, if you click the ‘Register’ link on the top here: Login

You will be directed to this page:
https://demo.publicknowledgeproject.org/ojs3/demo/index.php/index/user/register

And, there you will see the ability to enter in the registration info and then select which journal you wish to register for. The role options available are dependent on whether or not you have enabled a particular role, within a particular journal’s settings to allow for self-registration.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

and where do you customize the registration form?

Hi @patrizia,

I think you’d have to modify the underlying code of the template, which is located in pkp-lib/templates/frontend/components/registrationForm.tpl However, I’d recommend against customizing this heavily, as it might have implications for your OJS instance. If you search on the forum, you can find some examples of how some users have customized this template, but I would emphasize caution if you were to modify this template.

-Roger
PKP Team

OK thanks. I have another question. The registration link of the home page that leads to this url ojs / index.php / index / user / register does not work, it gives me error 500. Instead the registration link in the pages of the individual journals works correctly. How come?

Hi @patrizia,

Do you see anything in your PHP error log that might point to what the issue is? Usually messages found there can be more helpful in determining what’s going wrong.

-Roger
PKP Team