Show biography of the author in ojs3 as it was in oj2x, is it possible?

Hello everyone
is posible in ojs3 to show the author biography like in ojs2x
Many thanks

Hi @Juan_Pereyra,

We’re recommending that authors use ORCID. Once their ORCID IDs are entered in their user and author records, articles will present with a link to their ORCID profile including biographical and bibliographic information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher Many thanks for the answer, I understand the recommendation but for now we would like to show the authors information as in ojs2x, our number is soon to come out …, for the next one if we would implement ORCID.

Hi @Juan_Pereyra,

For now, that would need to be a template modification. See in particular templates/frontend/objects/article_details.tpl – look for the loop beginning with {foreach from=$article->getAuthors() item=author}.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I am faced with the same issue: i.e. using OJS 3.0.2, and wishing to display author’s bio statement on article view pages.
I followed your instructions suggesting

However, I am not sure of what would be the proper line of code to add there.
Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Axel
CLARA Architecture/Recherche

Hi @afisher,

You can get an author’s biography using e.g. the $author->getLocalizedBiography() function. I’m afraid I can’t guide you through modifications in detail, but if you get stuck on a particular element, I may be able to provide some guidance.

Regards,
Alec Smecher