Should it be email notification on registration?

I checked when author register his new user account it isn’t any email notification. Is it right? Or there is some option to turn on? Or my configuration problem? Ojs 3.1.1.4

Nope. There’s no such feature. You have to buy a 100$ Plugin for that:

Hi all,

See our statement on that company:
PKP Position on Online Harassment

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Vasmedv, please ignore Alec’s message. It is great that other companies are creating plug-ins to help the community, even if they charge for the plug-ins. We use plug-ins from opensystemsjournal.com, find that they help our set considerably and they’re willing to quickly fix bugs. Have a look at https://openjournalsystems.com/ojs-registration-notification-plugin/ and some of the other plug-ins that they offer.

Hi all,

@MarkAGregory, please be respectful.

I have no problem with private companies developing paid plugins or modifications for OJS, as long as they follow the license terms (currently GPLv2).

However, the information about security on that website is misleading, and the harassment activity is important to know about. And it is probably not apparent to newcomers that openjournalsystems.com does not contribute to OJS and is not affiliated with PKP.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you for your wanting me to help by using plugin. But i dont like that idea in that case.
Do you know where i can turn on validation on registration, because in “classes/user/form/RegistrationForm.inc.php” in “execute” function i found condition “if ($requireValidation)” that can send email notification with validation link.

Hi @vasmedv,

The validation on registration is turned on using the require_validation option in config.inc.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Solve problem in that way: Change validation code to send notification in “lib/pkp/classes/user/form/RegistrationForm.inc.php”

if ($requireValidation) {...}
else
{ ... /* the same that in validation */
    $contextName = $mail->params["contextName"];
    $mail->setSubject("[".$contextName."] Accout created successfully!");
    $mail->setBody("You have created an account with ".$contextName.", login: ".$user->getUserName().", password: ". $this->getData('password'));
    $mail->_data["from"]["name"] = $contextName;
    $mail->_data["replyTo"]["name"] = $contextName;
    $mail->send();
    unset($mail);
}
1 Like