Shariff Plugin for OJS, OMP and OPS versions 3.3.0 available

Hi all,

I am happy to announce that finally a new version of the Shariff plugin is available. As a new feature you can now specify the order of the buttons displayed in the frontend.
Thanks to different contributors also new locales are available and the plugin should also work with OPS.

You can find the new version at Release Shariff Plugin for OJS/OMP versions 3.3.0 · ojsde/shariff · GitHub and it should soon be available in the OJS/OMP plugin galleries.

Best wishes,
Team e-publishing @ Freie Universität Berlin

1 Like

First of all, thanks for sharing.
I have installed and activated the plugin.
It does not appear anywhere on the site.
I use OJS 3.3.0.8.

Hi @kerimsarigul ,

if you use the sidebar position please make sure you enabled the Shariff block plugin under “Appearance → Settings → Sidebar”.

For the other positions the buttons should show without further configuration. If this is not the case please have a look at the PHP error log and paste any related messages here.

Best wishes,
Ronald

Ohh, sorry, I just saw your second image …

Please have a look at the error log.

only this log

[Fri Dec 17 16:53:47.871056 2021] [fcgid:warn] [pid 24804:tid 140513862403840] [client 5.229.137.0:56726] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in ***plugins/generic/customLocale/controllers/grid/CustomLocaleAction.inc.php on line 28, referer: *** index.php/dergi/management/settings/website

It might also help to empty your template cache under “Adminsitration → Clear teamplate cache”

It didn’t help.
My journal is multilingual
Theme I’m using “Default”

Sorry, I missed a point. A new tab appeared in the Appearance and I needed to make the necessary settings there.
It worked flawlessly now.

Hi @kerimsarigul ,

I’m glad it worked. Thanks for using the plugin!

Best wishes,
Ronald

1 Like

Hi, all!
I use OJS 3.3.0.8.
I’ve installed and activated this plugin. But the configuration link is missing. Neither this item in “Appearance menu”.
There are no errors in logs files. Any ideas?

Did you reload page after activation the plugin?

Yes. I have emptied template cache under “Administration→ Clear teamplate cache”

I just installed the plugin and it works fine!
What I did was this:

1.- Installed plugins (checkbox on)
2.- Appearance → Setup (checkbox on)
3.- Reload the page in the Appearance tab and the Sharrif plugin section will be displayed.

Hi @monicakrs ,

where did you enable the plugin? On the site level or on a journal level?

Please be aware that the Shariff plugin must be configured on the journal level. On the site level no configuration settings will be available.

Best wishes,
Ronald

Hi,
I enabled on site level (url: index/admin/settings#plugins)

Hi @ronste1 and everyone,

I am experiencing issues with this plugin only at the monograph page (OMP 3.3.013). It works fine in the homepage and catalog, but I cannot figure out how to make it appear so people can share about a particular book.
I opened this topic on Software Support but I got no replies there.

I don’t mind pasting some code on monograph_full.tpl if needed.
I appreciate any insight you may have.
Thanks!

Hi @Murilo_Melo ,

sorry I didn’t see your other topic. I briefly looked into it but wasn’t able to reproduce the issue on my system. I will need to dig a little deeper but be only able to do it next week.

Best wishes,
Ronald

Hi @ronste1 ,
Thanks so much for looking into it and for giving me a timeframe. If it helps, here is the book page on my OMP. Shariff settings is currently on sidebar.
Have a great weekend!