Separate link for abstract

Dear Official,
We are a new journal publishing using OJS 3.2.1-1 and we have just finished publishing 2nd issue but on OJS it is the first one. I need the answers of the following questions:

1. After publishing an issue, how can we reorder the articles because we created galleys with the sequence but it is showing the wrong sequence? How can we correct it?
  2. It is possible to show a separate link on issue page for downloading the abstract only. If somebody wants to download only abstract.
  3. The issue is only visible to those who are users of OJS, how can we show the articles on our main page or how a user can see the issue without logging in.

Hope to have the answers from the community or from some officials. Thanking you in advance.

Azhar

1 Like

Hello

1. This can be done in the issue settings. In the dashboard go to “Issues” - “Back issues” - select the issue that you wish to edit, and go to “Table of Contents” and then select “Order” to be able to rearrange the order. This is for back issues, but for issues that are being produced, please see our documentation: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/production-publication
  2. OJS displays the abstract on the page - it is not intended that it be downloaded, but rather, displayed on the page.
  3. This is likely occurring because your settings are setup to be subscription or delayed open access. For subscription journals, users need to be logged in or authenticated through their institutions’ subscriptions, in order to see the full-text articles. To change these settings, you have to change the distribution settings: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/settings-distribution#access

Regards,

Roger

Thank you so much @rcgillis. It solved the matter. One thing more, would you please refer the document for creating table of content as during the process of making galleys it was not there.

Azhar

1 Like

Thank you so much @rcgillis for this help and clarification. I want to know one more thing. Is there any plugin in OJS 3.2.1-1 to export citation of the article in different formats like RIS, or endnote or bibtext etc. Besides that, if I create galleys in multiple formats of the same article how could it be uploaded to show different downloading options on the article link. sorry to ask so many questions. Actually I want to give access to the readers to download article in the format they want. The last issue is that when I click on the title of article on its page it gives nothing rather shows error. Kindly help me out to solve these issues. thank you so much.

Azhar