Selecting 'accept/reject submission' directs to editor's home page instead of recording decision

Hi,
We just upgraded to 2.4.8.1 and I find that I cannot (as editor) accept or reject a submission .
Here’s what happens:
Choosing ‘accept submission’ from the editor’s login brings up a confirmatory pop up window (as before) - however, when I say ok, it brings me back to the editor home page instead of recording the decision.
Please advise - what could have gone wrong?
www.rhime.in/ojs

Hi @Rhime_MEU,

What version did you upgrade from?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Alec,

From 2.4.7.1 to 2.4.8.1
Since I wrote in, I’ve also discovered that when I assign an article to
myself as reviewer the article does not move to my reviewer page.
Please help

Upreet Dhaliwal
Editor RHiME

Hi @Rhime_MEU,

I suspect this is unrelated to the upgrade 2.4.7-1 to 2.4.8-1 didn’t have many changes in this respect. I would suggest ensuring that the submission has an Editor assigned (see the Summary page). Note that you’ll also need to notify yourself as Reviewer before the submission will become active in your Reviewer list.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Alec,
I have been using ojs for two years. I never have a problem - love it.
The only time something goes wrong is when I upgrade.
Things that I’ve noticed since I wrote in include:

1. An error message when I want to send an email:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function getUserId() on a non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas06_data03/58/2252858/html/ojs/classes/submission/sectionEditor/SectionEditorAction.inc.php on line 685

2. I tried to edit some author metadata and couldn’t because of this error message.
    Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas06_data03/58/2252858/html/ojs/classes/submission/form/MetadataForm.inc.php on line 52

What do I do to fix it? Should I revert back to the older version of ojs?

Hi @Rhime_MEU,

How did you upgrade the code? Are there any modifications to your installation?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

My software fellow is in Canada. How do I add him to the conversation?
I don’t think he modified anything - but only he can confirm

Alec,
We did a fresh upgrade and some of the problems have disappeared. Thanks for the time you took. If I have any queries, I know where to come!

Hi @Rhime_MEU,

Glad to hear it’s working!

Regards,
Alec Smecher