Sections of the magazine

Hi, I have some questions about the sections of the magazine I’m working on.

Before publishing the magazine I look at the pre-visualization as the table of contents will be, and it shows me the articles but they are not sorted by the sections that I had created. It should be noted that when I uploaded the articles to the platform I chose the section to which it belongs. Then my questions are:

1. When I publish the number of the magazine will I show the sections with the respective articles?

2. In case the answer to the first question is negative, in which part of the platform and with which role should I log in to solve the problem.

I am using the version of ojs 2.4.7.1

Hi @AndresAriza7,

If I understand your question correctly, you’re not seeing the issue’s sections ordered as you’d expect. There are a couple of ways of ordering sections in the table of contents:

• In Journal Setup, where you configure your Journal Sections, you can set the order. This will provide a default ordering for each issue.
  • On a per-issue basis, you can set a custom section ordering. This is done in the issue’s Table of Contents listing (available to Editors).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

I’m sorry, it is that use google translator to make my question.

The problem is not related to the order of the sections. The problem is that it does not show me the title of the sections. For example, as I want to see the table of contents is as follows:

Section 1.
Article 1.
Article 2.
Article 3.
Section 2.
Article 4
Article 5

But now it shows like this:

Article 1
 Article 2
 Article 3
 Article 4
 Article 5

Hi @AndresAriza7,

Try editing those sections in Journal Management to ensure that…

• They have titles in all relevant languages (if you have multiple languages enabled)
  • Their titles are configured to be displayed per the checkbox there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

I reviewed the sections created and there is a check item about the table of contents that says: Skip the title of this section in the table of contents of the publication.

I think that is the checkbox you commented on in the previous answer and that it should be disabled to show the section name, but it is disabled and I still have the problem.

Hi @AndresAriza7,

Are you using a theme that wasn’t shipped with OJS?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

I apologize for the delay in replying but I had been finding out about the modification of the templates, and what I was told is that, yes, some files were modified.

The files that were modified were:

• … \ lib \ pkp \ templates \ common \ header.tpl
  • … \ templates \ common \ navbar.tpl
  • … \ lib \ pkp \ templates \ common \ breadcrumbs.tpl
  • … \ lib \ pkp \ templates \ common \ footer.tpl
  • … \ templates \ index \ site.tpl
  • … \ templates \ article \ header.tpl
  • … \ templates \ article \ footer.tpl

Hi @AndresAriza7,

I would suggest checking the modifications to see if they’re the cause of the problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher