Search issue in OJS 2.4.8.1

We’ve juste migrate our OJS from 2.3.6.0 to 2.4.8.1 and we 've problem with search. In our old ojs configuration we used disable_path_info = On and after migration
to 2.4.8.1 the search function doesn’t work. But if we put disable_path_info to Off, the search function work normally. Knowing that we can’t use the option disable_path_info = Off, do you
have a solution to this problem?
Thank you for your collaboration.

Hi @ayssi,

Can you describe what you mean when you say that it doesn’t work? How does it behave?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,
Search dosn’t work means : When I click on the search button, the system returns me to the homepage
Best

Hi @ayssi,

Is your installation publicly available somewhere that I can test it?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
You can test this version : http://revues3.imist.ma
Best.

Hi @ayssi,

It looks like you’ve modified your sidebar search form’s code. Review your modifications and compare against the original OJS code – I suspect you’ll find the problem there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
The sidebar search form’s is not modified and it contains the original code.
As reminder, if we put disable_path_info to Off, the search function work normally and it dispaly results for the entered keywords.
best.

Hi @ayssi,

I found the problem – the issue is that with path_info_disabled in use, the form’s action URL will contain URL parameters, which does not work when the form method="GET".

I’ve filed this at Form method="GET" (default) does not work with `path_info_disabled` URLs. · Issue #2300 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub along with a suggested work-around pending a complete solution.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
We’ve done the modification (the command “Post” was added to the two files mentionned) and the search function is Ok. Thanks for your response.
best

Hi @ayssi,

Note that I’ve also just fixed that issue more fully – there are patches in the issue link above.

Regards,
Alec Smecher