Search doesn't give results

I have a book’s metadata indexed in open harvester systems. It’s title is ‘Comprehensive biotechnology’.
It’s available in a particular archive.
When i search this book from the search window given on the left side, this book doesn’t show. But, when i search the book from the search field given in the Menu at the top, after selecting the Archive where i know the book is available, i get the book’s details.

Please suggest why the book does’t display when i search for it in all the archives.My PKP ohs is at csirvuc.niscair.res.in

and the title of the book is “Comprehensive biotechnology”.

Thanks ,

best ,
Vijay

Hi @Vijay,

You may need to rebuild your search index. Try running:

php tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you so much Alec Sir.
It’s working now.

best,
Vijay

Sir,
It worked for a little time only. the rebuild search index script ran for around three hours for 29 archives and initially it indexed those records for some time ,but after some time i am could not see those records again.
i rebuilt the search index again for a second time , but this time it doesn’t give me the records which i got when i rebuilt the search index the first time .
Please suggest.

thanks ,
Vijay

Hi @Vijay,

I suspect the indexing task is not completing. Let it run until it finishes; it may take a long time. It shouldn’t be necessary to run this regularly, but if you change your search configuration, you may need to run it again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hello Sir,
the indexing task ran completely, still in Search only a few records are showing up. The terminal output is as follows:
[root@localhost ~]# cd /var/www/html/ohs-2.3.2/
[root@localhost ohs-2.3.2]# cd tools
[root@localhost tools]# php rebuildSearchIndex.php
php: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by php)
php: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by php)
Flushing sort order index… Done.
Performing other index flush tasks… Done.
Indexing records…
CSIR - National Institute of Oceanography (CSIR - NIO )… harvester2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: file(lib/pkp/registry/stopwords.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
In file: /var/www/html/ohs-2.3.2/plugins/generic/mysqlIndex/SearchIndex.inc.php
At line: 124
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.3.3
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 5.1.71
harvester2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given
Stacktrace:
Server info:
harvester2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: array_count_values() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Done.
CSIR - Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI)… Done.
CSIR - National Physical Laboratory (NPL)… Done.
CSIR - Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM)… Done.
CSIR - Central Road Research Institute (CRRI)… Done.
CSIR - Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute (CGCRI)… Done.
CSIR - Central Building Research Institute (CBRI)… Done.
CSIR - Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT)… Done.
CSIR - Madras Complex(CMC)… Done.
CSIR - National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI)… Done.
CSIR – National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI)… Done.
CSIR - National Aerospace Laboratories(NAL)… Done.
CSIR - National Institute of Science Technology and Development Studies(NISTADS)… Done.
CSIR - National Science Library (NSL-NISCAIR)… Done.
CSIR - National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology(NIIST)… Done.
CSIR - Advanced Materials & Processes Research Institute (AMPRI)… Done.
CSIR - Structural Engineering Research Centre (SERC)… Done.
CSIR - Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT)… Done.
CSIR - Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI)… Done.
CSIR - Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB)… Done.
CSIR - National Botanical Research Institute(NBRI)… Done.
CSIR - Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH)… Done.
CSIR - Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI)… Done.
CSIR - National Metallurgical Laboratory(NML)… Done.
CSIR - Indian Institute of Chemical Biology(IICB)… Done.
CSIR - Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI)… Done.
CSIR-Indian Institute of Petroleum (IIP)… Done.
CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory Jamshedpur… Done.
Marking sort orders clean… Done.
Performing other cleanup tasks… Done.
[root@localhost tools]#

Sir, you may also check our public website at csirvuc.niscair.res.in
When i use advanced search and select NSL-niscair as archive it gives 20 results for the search keyword ‘comprehensive biotechnology’ bu when i do a regular search, it gives me only 10 results and there also it gives me only three records for the NSL-niscair archive as against the 20 books available there.

Please suggest,

Thanks and best Regards,
Vijay

Hi @Vijay,

Try flushing your data cache (in the Administration area). Database queries are cached for 24 hours so even if you’ve re-generated your index you might be getting old query results.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Sir, I flushed the data cache , still it is not giving the results for 20 records in a particular archive. I ran the reindexing script lot many times . Once it showed me three of those records, later it showed me only one .
You may see it, it is at csirvuc.niscair.res.in . These 20 records show up when i search them using advanced search when i select only that particular archive .
The term i used for searching is ‘comprehensive biotechnology’ and the archive in which it is present is ‘CSIR-NISCAIR’

thanks and best regards,
Vijay

Hi @Vijay,

Can you send me a database dump, and a short set of steps to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Sir could you please give me your email id , so that i can provide you the link of the database dump.

with best Regards ,
Vijay

Hi @Vijay,

The database dump is probably too big to email, but you can send me a private message using this forum with information on where to download it using something like Dropbox.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hello Sir,
i have sent you the link for the google drive where the database is uploaded and the set of steps to reproduce the issue.

thanks and best Regards,

Vijay