Same sender on every single email notification

After last update to OJS 2.4.6, every single email notification is sent with the main contact name in sender field, although each member of editorial team have a different email acount and name in their profiles.

Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Hi @celuloide,

This is a change we made to better conform to SPF (Sender Policy Framework) rules, which are becoming commonplace in email servers. I’d suggest searching this forum for more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

We have the same issue in our journal (v 2.4.6). There is a editorial team which should receive reviewer’s response to email notifications. However as the email notifications are automatically sent from Principal Contact (Journal Manager in out case), reviewers reply to JM instead of editors. Is there any way to change this?

Regards
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

What email template are you noticing this with? (The email key would be the most helpful thing – you can see these e.g. in the Prepared Emails area.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for the reply. I think it is REVIEW_REMIND_AUTO.

I noticed in sendReminder function in classes/tasks/ReviewReminder.inc.php, setReplyTo has null as argumet. I was wondering why is that.

I also updated getReplyToString in classes/mail/Mail.inc.php to reflect what v 2.4.8 and the current master already have which is:

> -		if ($replyTo == null) {
> +		if (!array_key_exists('email', $replyTo) || $replyTo['email'] == null) {

I am not sure if the last change helps.

I’d appreciate any advice regarding this.

Thanks
Ghazal

Hey salehig,

the last change you added does fix one thing, since before that was in there we were setting completely empty reply-to headers which was a bad thing.

The issue with the review_remind_auto task is that they are sent from the journal in general, not from the editor. Since there is no one logged in when they go out (they are an automated task) OJS uses the contact for the journal.

Regards,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that reviewers (anyone as habit) respond to the senders of the email. I suppose the sender should be set to something like DO_NOT_REPLY_TO_THIS_EMAIL in order to reduce the confusion. Can I request this as a feature?

I think I read somewhere that it is going to be implemented in v 3.0. If so would you please send me links to any code regarding this if available?

Best Regards
Ghazal

See also this thread:

I think there should be a better way of selecting a reasonable editorial sender for this type of email, but haven’t put much time into the problem beyond the advice in the above thread.

Thanks a lot.
I replied a related post in the thread you mentioned.